What will you do differently when we are able to cruise again?

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Hopefully, this whole situation has taught people to wash their hands and cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze.

Not a chance. But God bless you for having such faith in humans.

From the Miami Beach police department. Mind you, we lifted our stay at-home order just a few days ago:

"Across Miami Beach over the weekend, more than 7,300 warnings were issued for failure to wear a face covering, according to police. More than 470 warnings were issued for failing to social distance, and more than 1,300 people were asked to leave parks after closing."

10 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

No matter what standards, practices and maintenance are in place, no cruise line (or any business) can force someone to wash their hands before they leave their cabin. Or sneeze into their elbow. Or not board a ship if they aren't feeling well. 

At the end of the day, we're ultimately at the mercy of those around us. It only takes one inconsiderate jerk to cough without covering his mouth as he walks past you. 

Same as it ever was. 

While for the most part that is basically true...our experience has been that most passengers operate with the glass at least half full, rather than that pessimistic perspective.

Most any group of 10 or more people has at least 1 person who feels the rules and common sense are for everyone else except them.  That's applied as long as we've been alive and won't change because of post-COVID activities. No dispute that there are simply some real "questionable" people out there in the world. Luckily they are the exception and not the rule.

For many years now I’ve kept sanitizer with me and use it before eating, after ordering from the menu, After each trip to the buffet- (seldom go to buffet). I don’t even pick up salt and pepper shaker without sanitizing LOL. My family often said I was crazy but now they aren’t laughing.

if I have to wear a mask on a cruise, I won’t go. that includes amusement parks in the summer.  

we canceled our July cruise and hope to go next year. 

so really I won’t do anything much different. I never really wiped down my hotel rooms etc. Maybe I would wipe down a remote control now. 

I’m wearing a mask now if I go anywhere but feel if we are still required to wear them on a cruise etc., that will not feel like vacation to me. I’d prefer to not go. 

Edited by Melrosgirl

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

The Clorox Disinfecting Wipes canister clearly states  

“ .....use enough wipes for treated surface to remain visibly wet for four minutes . Let surface dry “. 

Read the label on your Lysol canister . If you are going to be disinfecting your surroundings , better to be doing it correctly .   

I'm pretty sure that my hygiene practices are up to snuff.  Up until this virus I have not had a cold or flu in over 16 years. I take extensive supplements to strengthen and boost my immune system. I contracted the virus in spite of that.  I am almost 100% sure I know exactly when and where.  I was on the Red Car Trolley at Disneyland the first week of January. I was in a section of a car that was almost exclusively populated by tourists from the epicenter of the virus.  One man, directly behind me, was perpetually coughing.  Several times I actually felt his cough.  Not wanting appear rude, I waited until the car stopped and we were off the train did I get my wipes out and scrub the back of my head and neck.  That was my mistake, I shouldn't have worried about appearing rude.  That being said, I now have antibodies so have even less to worry about however, I will still take precautions for the benefit of those around who do not have antibodies and may be at higher risk than myself.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

It took COVID for this to occur to you?

No! It started on my last Carnival cruise. I don’t expect the behavior at buffets to change at any cruise lines. 

Edited by Erik101

7 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

No! It started on my last Carnival cruise. I don’t expect the behavior at buffets to change at any cruise lines. 

I'll never forget on Oasis a few years ago I was eating breakfast in the MDR. One section of seating for plated, one section of seating for buffet. I was seated in plated section with a perfect view of the buffet and it took but only a few minutes of people watching before I saw a child walk up to the buffet, pick up a donut with his bare hands, smell it, and then sit it back down on the platter and waked away. No one at the buffet noticed. And if they did, they didn't seem to care. 

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm pretty sure that my hygiene practices are up to snuff.  Up until this virus I have not had a cold or flu in over 16 years. I take extensive supplements to strengthen and boost my immune system. I contracted the virus in spite of that.  I am almost 100% sure I know exactly when and where.  I was on the Red Car Trolley at Disneyland the first week of January. I was in a section of a car that was almost exclusively populated by tourists from the epicenter of the virus.  One man, directly behind me, was perpetually coughing.  Several times I actually felt his cough.  Not wanting appear rude, I waited until the car stopped and we were off the train did I get my wipes out and scrub the back of my head and neck.  That was my mistake, I shouldn't have worried about appearing rude.  That being said, I now have antibodies so have even less to worry about however, I will still take precautions for the benefit of those around who do not have antibodies and may be at higher risk than myself.

Sorry that happened to you !  You were more than gracious in not cautioning him to stop coughing on you .  

Edited by NHProud

6 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

I'll never forget on Oasis a few years ago I was eating breakfast in the MDR. One section of seating for plated, one section of seating for buffet. I was seated in plated section with a perfect view of the buffet and it took but only a few minutes of people watching before I saw a child walk up to the buffet, pick up a donut with his bare hands, smell it, and then sit it back down on the platter and waked away. No one at the buffet noticed. And if they did, they didn't seem to care. 

Yes, that’s exactly the type of behavior I don’t want any contact with.  As for someone not caring, you’re probably right.  They’re probably thinking that if it doesn’t affect them, they why make a fuss about it. 

9 hours ago, mek said:

Are you going to carry them around with you?

This is the reason that we don't bother washing down the room.  We spend less time in the room than we do around the public areas of the ship that will always be contaminated by people just breathing, coughing and sneezing in public areas. Like someone else said, if I have to clean the room I'm in the wrong place.  I also don't understand how the pre covid germaphobes who have never touched an elevator button or handrail in their life would even consider a cruise just out of the gate. Judging by what they say and do they should be hiding in a closet shaking and rocking in fear waiting for a vaccine to save the day.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1