Still confused about the "higher value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer". Sorry!

We just got this email for our April 15, 2020 booking.  Does this mean if we "do nothing" we will get 100% CASH refund plus "the standard future cruise credits shown above (in our case +25%)"?

"

Our records indicate that you cancelled your vacation with us amid the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic on a cruise that we subsequently cancelled as part of our global pause in operations. We know you’re waiting for your refund and we wanted to make sure you were aware you that you are eligible for this higher value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer.

The full 100% value of your booking towards a future cruise* and a refund of prepaid purchases such as shore excursion and special service items

A future cruise credit of 100%, 50% or 25% of your cruise fare (varies by cruise departure date, see chart below)

ADDITIONAL future cruise credit of 25% of your cruise fare

*Transfer of funds to a future booking or as a future cruise credit

Your Departure
Date in 2020

Standard Future
Cruise Credit

ADDITIONAL Future
Cruise Credit

Mar 12 - Mar 25

100%

25%

Mar 26 - Apr 8

50%

25%

Apr 8 - May 10

25%

25%

All FCCs can be used on any cruise that sails on or before May 1, 2022.

To take advantage of this higher value offer, please complete this online form ❯ by May 31, 2020 and we will automatically credit your My Princess Account ❯ and let you know once it’s available. Alternatively, if you would still like to receive a full refund (which also includes the standard future cruise credits shown above), you don’t need to do anything as this will be the default option."

Discussion on here has been, if you fill in form again, will you end up at the back of the line for refund? Unclear. Call your travel agent before deciding 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We just got this email for our April 15, 2020 booking.  Does this mean if we "do nothing" we will get 100% CASH refund plus "the standard future cruise credits shown above (in our case +25%)"?

~

No, it means you will get 125% of the CRUISE FARE as FCC instead of the cash refund. This is NOT what you paid, but what it cost less taxes, fees and port charges.

46 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

No, it means you will get 125% of the CRUISE FARE as FCC instead of the cash refund. This is NOT what you paid, but what it cost less taxes, fees and port charges.

I understand that.  I already got a cash refund for the taxes.

• Like 1

I  got the same email for two March cruise that were cancelled.  I had elected option 2 - Cash Refund.  I think Princess is giving me another chance to go with Option 1 - FCCs if I might now want to change my mind.   

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on the whole refund/FCC  process. For the two cruises Princess cancelled and the one I cancelled, (all paid in full),  I went with Option 2 - refund as at that time there was speculation on if Princess would follow other cruise lines and require a doctor's letter for those over 70.  For the two Novemeber cruises just cancelled this week, I will go with the FCC option.  

I picked option 1 and still got that email.  I realize it's difficult doing things manually, but it really raises concern about the process.  I did my original submission March 12th. Still nothing showing in my FCC area.

Take your 25% My cruise which was not due to sail until Aug 4 2020. I have paid full for the cruise and half of ez air. There offer FCC cost of cruise, and cash back, sounds good but adding the two together works out to exactly what I have deported. Gee this makes me so happy with princess I am an at 15 crusies with them over 150 days crusing, and not a penny great customer service. 

I opted for the FCC Option 1.   I had a cruise on March 14.    My cruise fare was $1260 pp before taxes.   The credit that I got today was $1260.   However I did not get the extra 125% bonus, nor did I get any recognition for the flight that I booked through Princess.  Does anyone know if the credits come in multiple steps?

I talked to my TA  again she then followed up with Princess. She has told that the agent was mistaken and now they have said I will get the 25% bonus. This is why I always deal with a Travel agent. It costs no more and you get a person that will back you and be there is you need assistance and does not work for the line's 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, CarelessAndConfused said:

BTW, it's not clear whether you fill this out already.  I'm guess you have and that you are getting the email again.  Apparently Princess has been reaching out to Option 2 submitters in a wide effort to coax them into changing it to Option 1 so they don't have to refund cash. 

Yeah, maybe. But they’re not giving out the FFCs either!

On 5/14/2020 at 7:37 AM, tert333 said:

I opted for the FCC Option 1.   I had a cruise on March 14.    My cruise fare was $1260 pp before taxes.   The credit that I got today was $1260.   However I did not get the extra 125% bonus, nor did I get any recognition for the flight that I booked through Princess.  Does anyone know if the credits come in multiple steps?

I wouldn’t know since we haven’t gotten a thing!

• Like 1