Make Elite on first leg? Do you get perks on 2nd leg?

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I make Elite on the first leg of a B2B which was purchased as a single 32 day cruise, will I get to take advantage of the Elite perks on the second leg? If so, who do I talk with onboard to make it happen?

Talk to the Princess Circle rep on board.  That is what we did. 

• Like 1

You will definitely have to talk with them. We made Elite on a cruise and embarked on another cruise 4 days later. We got Platinum boarding, Platinum cards, etc. I waited for the Captain's Circle Host to show up and she just gave me the pin and then I had to wait in line at Passenger Services. The steward knew nothing about us getting a mini-bar, etc. I had figured that might be the case and wasn't surprised.  At least you will already be onboard and can take care of things during the first leg of the cruise so the transition "should" be smooth for you.

• Like 1

It depends on how you booked the cruise.  If you booked it as 2 separate cruises, then you will...we booked ours as one cruise on the Crown, and literally had our mini-bar removed after they stocked it on the 2nd half of the cruise.  We went up the chain of command.....each step we were told absolutely NO...they weren’t very nice about it either !

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

It depends on how you booked the cruise.  If you booked it as 2 separate cruises, then you will...we booked ours as one cruise on the Crown, and literally had our mini-bar removed after they stocked it on the 2nd half of the cruise.  We went up the chain of command.....each step we were told absolutely NO...they weren’t very nice about it either !

As others have mentioned, it sounds like we will need to talk with the Captain's Circle rep when we're on the first leg of our Jan 2022 cruise to see what the rules are at that time when we run into this issue.

6 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

They may have mistakenly did this to you, but it does not matter how you booked the cruise. Even if one booking for the two segments, you can get the higher level status on the second segment.

• Like 1

We were on Golden LA to Sydney  and made Platinum on the first leg LA to New Zealand.

It was booked as  a single cruise - in the UK it seemed only to be available like that.

On board we asked  Captains circle rep if we could have the wifi for the NZ to Sydney leg and were told NO!  

We met others who had booked as 2 separate cruises  and they were moved up to Platinum for the second leg.

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Aulanis said:

We were on Golden LA to Sydney  and made Platinum on the first leg LA to New Zealand.

It was booked as  a single cruise - in the UK it seemed only to be available like that.

On board we asked  Captains circle rep if we could have the wifi for the NZ to Sydney leg and were told NO!  

We met others who had booked as 2 separate cruises  and they were moved up to Platinum for the second leg.

The Captain's Circle rep obviously did not know the rules. Once you have completed the required number of segments, you are eligible for the upgrade in status and the benefits that go with it.

• Like 2