Comparison-Silversea vs. Cunard

skleeb

On 5/13/2020 at 4:03 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

IAs I said before from the U.S., drinks and gratuities are included for the Grill cabins/suites. 

A bit of clarification. For most US bookings, there is a (continual) promotion offering the beverage package. However, it is not specifically included without the promo. Last year, we booked a QG suite within 90 days of sailing and there were no extras. (But it was a great fare)

• 3 weeks later...

Original poster here. So, guess what? I'm going to try both! Next year. March transatlantic on SS, Ft.Lauderdale to Lisbon, than a QM2 tandem(back to back) in October NYC to Southampton and back. Oh, boy, looking forward to comparing and enjoying both! Can you tell I love seadays???? 😆

• Like 4

On 5/11/2020 at 4:55 AM, safarigal said:

Thanks for the replies. We do tend to sail on Cunard, and have been reluctant to try anything else in recent years, but the opportunity arose to try Silversea in November, and so IF we actually sail it is interesting to learn about the differences. I must say I am pleased about the truly all inclusive aspects of Silversea, but I do think I will miss afternoon tea in the  Queens Room, and the guest choir. Maybe they will serve Milky Way Martinis in the equivalent of the Commodore Club if there is a similar venue on the Silver Wind.

We have been on many lines inc Cunard and Silversea, Seabourn Oceania,Azamara   ......for us our favourite by far is Regent nothing Cunard or Silversea offers touches Regent 

• 2 weeks later...

One factor that makes it difficult for us in trying Silversea is that as far as I know SS has no ballroom dancing - and if that is a key part of being on a cruise that becomes the make or break deciding factor!