Finally got FCC - anyone know how EZAir refund/credit works?

gardenbunny

Hooray! One FCC down, 2 more credit card refunds to go.

Got a mass e-mail from Princess on 5/21 re: future cruise credit update with the thank you for sticking with us blah blah...we are working on them and will send you an email when it is completed.   I decided to go to my Captains Circle account and SURPRISE...base cruise fare credited and second line was the goodwill 175% amount.  Cannot wait to use it before it expires May 1, 2022.  We were on a TA departing March 26.  

However, we had booked and paid for EZAir for all the flights to FLL from Atlanta and return from Barcelona to Atlanta. Total was $1,397.    Travel Agent said that refund would come from Princess.

Does anyone know if that will be a credit card refund or check?  

I am still waiting on $740 credit card refund of the pre-paid excursions I made.

Have not seen much info regarding EZAir compensation.

Curious if these other 2 refunds were processed and may show up on my Pincess Visa statement shortly since they did the FCC when my booking finally came up in their massive “to do” stack 😀

Thanks for any feedback and hope you all get made whole soon, also.

2 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Do you mean that it's shown up on your account as a FCC?  Or that you got a FCC refunded?

The FCC was posted on my Captain Circle account on Princess.com.  to be used by 5/1/2022.  I still need credit card refund of EZAir and excursions.

If you chose Option 1 for FCC, Princess is holding on to your taxes, fees and airfare. It is in a holding account for later use, separate from your FCC. If you want this refunded, you need to contact Princess.

Edited by Coral

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

If you chose Option 1 for FCC, Princess is holding on to your taxes, fees and airfare. It is in a holding account for later use, separate from your FCC. If you want this refunded, you need to contact Princess.

Am not sure this is correct. I booked a future cruise the cost of which was more than covered by FCCs held. The FCCs were applied against the cost leaving only the taxes, fees etc as a final payment. Am still awaiting refunds for taxes, fees etc from previously cancelled cruises. My understanding was they would be refunded not held in a holding account.

• 2 weeks later...

We had B2B cruises cancelled back in March and picked Option 1 since we already had another cruise booked for 2021 and it was worth it to apply the extra FCC to it. The FCC only covered the actual cruise fare. Received the FCC April 20 & 21. My EZair was a bit confusing since the flights were changed due to departing airport change. Turns out 1/2 of my EZair was credited back to my cc May 28. However, all the other charges and the other half of EZair hadn't been reimbursed so I called Princess today. It's a good thing I did or I would still be waiting. Turns out the the other half of my EZair was in a holding account. The other credits were still in limbo. I walked through everything with the Princess rep and she was able to straighten it out so the outstanding credits are now being posted to my cc. Strange thing was that the other half of my EZair was to remain in the holding account. I asked her if I could apply it to my deposit for my 2021 cruise. She said it had to be used for air. I told her I might drive and not fly. She said that I would be a able to get a refund if that is what I decide. As I said very strange since the other half of EZair did go to the credit card without question. Also, there was more than one holding account for me. My advise - call Princess and be patient as you walk through it. They can now get the refunds done when you call. Good luck!