SHIP BY SHIP

Hawkstar33

17 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

August 1st,  Equinox sails out of Ft Lauderdale heading south.   3 trips before we leave on the 23rd for 12 nt Caribbean.   Anybody been to Walmart or Home depot lately?  Or your crowded local grocery store?   Public transportation has ramped up cleaning.  That ship will be shining...I'm staying positive

Quote from Cruise Critic Article/ Interview with Richard Fain...focus on shorter itins ...hope your 12 nt Carib is a go,....There is stil time for things to improve!

"A likely startup will be fewer ships operating shorter itineraries, more from drive markets like South Florida and New York," he said. "And yes, to itineraries where we can minimize the potential vectors to infection. CocoCay would be a perfect example of that."

source:https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5394/

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 11:29 PM, K.T.B. said:

I've got non-refundable airfare to consider.  IF Celebrity cancels, I get that money back; if I cancel, I won't.  I'm less worried about the cruise, as I can apply what FCC I get another cruise, it's that airfare that concerns me.

Did you make the final payment yet?  Did you use Flights By Celebrity?

22 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Here in my area of Georgia, cases are up due to more testing, many asymptomatic, hospitalizations are down.  

Scheduled on the EQ this Sept 25, I hope she goes.

PTC Dawg,

We are scheduled on the cruise preceding yours.  Still no verification of cruise/cancellation from Celebrity.  Keeping positive thoughts.

NRayH

1 hour ago, K.T.B. said:

Yes and yes.  The cruise in August, so final payment was long ago....

Ok I understand your dilemma.  I personally would not have put so much cruise fare and airfare at risk with final payment.  My assumption is that cruising in August is either not happening at all or will be very reduced in scope.  You will likely get your money back in the next round of cancellations.

• Like 1