Celebrity's travel insurance?

39august

I have an online complete X travel policy which I had the carrier, Aon, send me over 2 years ago. I discussed several of the policy conditions with a rep at Aon at the time and was quite satisfied with that policy (since we also carry a GeoBlue annual policy). There is no exclusion of pandemic medical coverage in that policy. Does anyone know if the wording has been changed to exclude pandemics at this point, please? If no one knows, I will contact Aon to get a current policy. I ask here to avoid what I feat to be a long hold time if I have to call Aon. 

Check here and see if it helps - have to click on your state and it will bring up a PDF policy copy to review:

https://archinsurancesolutions.com/coverage/celebrity

I glanced over one using my state (FL) and didn't notice any pandemic language besides quarantine being mentioned as covered in a couple places. 😁

Yes, that is the policy I have a copy of. Maybe there has been no change to wording at this point. Guess I will have to call to verify. I do know changes in policies must be approved by state insurance commisioners . So it may take a while for insurers to get this added to their policies. 

Can't help with X policy but be aware that GeoBlue has changed their wording. I don't know if it affects the annual policies but for the trip policies they won't cover COVID related costs if you travel somewhere that the level 4 CDC advisory.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, 39august said:

Thanks for the update. I had read somewhere else that GeoBlue had changed and I thought I read it was level 3 CDC travel advisory. 

I don't think any of us are cruising as long as the CDC labels cruise travel with a Level 3 Advisory.  When that restriction is relaxed, GeoBlue should provide coverage.