Re-booking question

1GaPeach

Originally booked for 9/5 at a rate of $778.92 ($513 cruise rate and $265.92 taxes/fees)

Per the cancellation notice the information indicates:

Regardless of the option chosen, taxes, fees and port charges will be refunded to the form of payment originally rendered.

• Using the above cancelled booking, I and my friends would receive the $265.92 back leaving $513 has the FCC
  • Or can you transfer the entire $778.92 

FCC/OBC cannot be used toward "a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing."

• is this referring to "any" deposit or is it referring to deposits/payments specific to chartered sailings? (I am guessing all since they want you to use the link after your book but there are much more wise and knowledgeable cruisers than I on here)

FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses

• Does that mean the OBC can be used for taxes, fees and port expenses? 

So if I am reading this correctly, I will be able to apply $513 to a future sailing but it cannot be applied to the deposit, taxes, fees and port charges.   So in order not to forfeit any monies I need to make sure that my total cruise cost exceeds my cancelled cruise costs since the deposit has to be new out of pocket and the taxes/fees may exceed the previous refunded amount.

Am I totally overthinking this?  Any experiences appreciated.  

The OBC cannot be used for port fees and taxes. The OBC will only apply to on board purchases - specialty dining, shore excursions, etc.

The FCC will not apply as your new deposit for your new booking. So, if you had $500 paid toward a cruise, that becomes the FFC. When you rebook, it cannot be used as the deposit on the new sailing. When my cruise cancelled, we'd paid $750 toward the cruise and had it applied to the new sailing. I still had to post a deposit (new $250 - 2 for 1 reduced deposit) for my new Mardi Gras sailing.

I'm not certain on the question of the refunding of the taxes and fees. Our sailing was cancelled days before our final payment was due. I purposely held off making the final payment because I knew there was no way that it was happening (this was the end of March, our final payment was April 7th).

Just rebooked my cancelled September 7th cruise on the Paradise today. When I called and spoke to my PVP, he transferred what I had paid in taxes and port fees to the new cruise instead of being “refunded” them. Those fees covered the deposit and the FCC will be credited to the new cruise supposedly within a week.

Definitely call and speak to someone if you’re wanting to rebook.

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems everyone's issues are different.

I rebooked my cancelled May cruise for next year.  The cruise was paid in full since I had booked it a few days before everything was cancelled.

ALL money was transferred to a new booking for next year.  Since the offer and price were the same, I have a paid in full cruise for next year.  No more money out of pocket and nothing owed.  The $600 OBC was on my booking details the same day.

It was quick and easy for me.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, 1GaPeach said:

Originally booked for 9/5 at a rate of $778.92 ($513 cruise rate and $265.92 taxes/fees)

Per the cancellation notice the information indicates:

Regardless of the option chosen, taxes, fees and port charges will be refunded to the form of payment originally rendered.

• Using the above cancelled booking, I and my friends would receive the $265.92 back leaving $513 has the FCC
  • Or can you transfer the entire $778.92 

FCC/OBC cannot be used toward "a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing."

• is this referring to "any" deposit or is it referring to deposits/payments specific to chartered sailings? (I am guessing all since they want you to use the link after your book but there are much more wise and knowledgeable cruisers than I on here)

FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses

• Does that mean the OBC can be used for taxes, fees and port expenses? 

So if I am reading this correctly, I will be able to apply $513 to a future sailing but it cannot be applied to the deposit, taxes, fees and port charges.   So in order not to forfeit any monies I need to make sure that my total cruise cost exceeds my cancelled cruise costs since the deposit has to be new out of pocket and the taxes/fees may exceed the previous refunded amount.

Am I totally overthinking this?  Any experiences appreciated.  

We rebooked a Sept cruise that was canceled.  I had not completed paying. New cruise all moneys moved to new sailing with NO more money from my pocket. I still have an unpaid balance on the new cruise and a 300 dollar OBC that i can use once onboard.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, LMKakaThing2 said:

Just rebooked my cancelled September 7th cruise on the Paradise today. When I called and spoke to my PVP, he transferred what I had paid in taxes and port fees to the new cruise instead of being “refunded” them. Those fees covered the deposit and the FCC will be credited to the new cruise supposedly within a week.

Sent from my iPhone

My travel agent last round also moved all the taxes and port fees and cruisefare to the new booking.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:20 PM, LMKakaThing2 said:

Sent from my iPhone

I had my TA rebook our 2020 Thanksgiving to 2021 Thanksgiving. She said everything was exactly the same except the new cruise was $500.00 cheaper. Room, deck dates everything was the same. 

My original cruise was in May so I rebooked it for September once it was cancelled.  The cruise was half the price.  When they gave me the future cruise credit it was for what my penalty would have been at the time of cancellation.  So that covered the cruise and then I had about $36 left over from that amount that they rolled into the OBC.  They then refunded me the rest, which I got in less than 30 days.  My September cruise has been cancelled and I just took a refund this time since I am not really sure when things will get back to normal and all of the cruises I am looking at are more expensive.  They will be refunding me the cruise, taxes fees, and the $36 of my OBC since this is money that I originally paid on my first booking (I called them to verify this before I made my decision).