Breeze on October 4th

zeph918

My family and I are still booked to go on the cruise to the Caribbean. It hasn't been canceled as of right now but with the constant no sail order extensions, I am thinking that the trip won't happen at all.  Even if we do sail, will the port even allow us to come in and do excursions?  

It sucks because I'm torn, and I don't know what to do. I can schedule my family to have just a normal Beach vacation but things fill up very quickly and most of them do not give you very long to cancel.

Do I go ahead and cancel the cruise and flight to book the beach vacation witch would be more stable. Or do I wait it out and hope for a miracle that cruising is going to start up in October and the ports will be somewhat normal.

My logical brain is telling me one thing, but my heart is telling me another. This was going to be our kids first cruise and first flight.

Hi

I don't want you to think too hard. 

If you are saying you have a logical brain that you can rely on, my suggestion would be to use it. You can follow your heart another time. 

• Like 2

I'm booked oct 4th on freedom and I'm waiting for them to cancel me. I'll rebook next year.

I'd say the odds of cruising as someone posted are slim and none, and slim just left the room

If you cancel no obc next time, so I'm waiting for them. Might even hear this upcoming week.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

IMHO, never follow your heart.  Emotion is the worst possible basis for a decision.

I'm with you tho, I'm on the cruise just after yours.  I have the airfare, hotels and car rentals all reserved.  My problem is that I really don't want to be in South Florida for more than two days.  And if I can't go to Calle 8 in Miami and eat at Versailles and other Cuban restaurants then I don't want to go at all.

I think the odds that we (you and I) get to cruise are very slim.  Plus, I have reservations about being the first in line for the new cruise product, whatever that might be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zeph918 said:

My family and I are still booked to go on the cruise to the Caribbean. It hasn't been canceled as of right now but with the constant no sail order extensions, I am thinking that the trip won't happen at all.  Even if we do sail, will the port even allow us to come in and do excursions?  

It sucks because I'm torn, and I don't know what to do. I can schedule my family to have just a normal Beach vacation but things fill up very quickly and most of them do not give you very long to cancel.

Do I go ahead and cancel the cruise and flight to book the beach vacation witch would be more stable. Or do I wait it out and hope for a miracle that cruising is going to start up in October and the ports will be somewhat normal.

My logical brain is telling me one thing, but my heart is telling me another. This was going to be our kids first cruise and first flight.

If you can cancel the cruise and get a full refund take it. I would also hold off on the beach vacation. You don't say where it is and thats ok, but with all the lockdowns and quarantines going on even a beach vacation may not be much fun. If you can't get a refund wait for Carnival to cancel then take the refund. Forget the OBC. It sounds tempting but there is to much uncertainty what cruising is going to look like next year. All the hassle with scheduling is not worth it for me.

We're in a holding pattern too, will wait for them to cancel, then re-book something out a year (or 2 maybe),  Our is Oct 24th on the Breeze, our first B2B (ugh!). Waiting, so maybe we can get OBC, I guess!  I want to KNOW, so we can plan something else this year (probably In New England). I feel like they are going to cancel all of 2020. I just wish they would do it already!! 

Hard to believe all this, it's just crazy!! Stay safe Peeps!!

It's a risk.  If cruising does resume, there is no way to know yet if there will be health requirements to board, if the ports scheduled will allow the ships to dock, or what will be required on the ship as far as Covid-19 safety.  That's a lot of unknowns.  I was relieved when they cancelled my September cruise, although I really wanted to sail, because I was able to rebook to a later date.  The OBC is a nice bonus.

The problem is that there is no way you will know how close to your cruise they will cancel it.   If they cancelled a few weeks out, would that give you enough time for plan B?  Are you willing to sail if masks are required on board?  Is anyone in your party high risk?  These are things I would think about.   In my own case, I was fine waiting it out and letting Carnival cancel.  I don't have a backup plan for that week, but do have a road trip beach plan at the end of August.

If I could only take off the week of the cruise, I would probably be more likely to cancel if I needed the money to take an alternate vacation or if rescheduling airline tickets, hotels, etc would be a huge hassle. 

Edited by TNcruising02

• 2 weeks later...

BrezQ we’re right there with you. BTB on Breeze starting Oct 18th-Nov 1st. I’m being optimistic and figure they will cancel. There’s no way they can follow guidelines on a full ship. We’re just waiting and will pay final if we have to. We are also booked for Radiance in April which they changed to Breeze. They gave us comparable room, aft balcony next to wraparound. Still trying to figure out what we’ll do for that one. 

On 7/17/2020 at 6:34 AM, zeph918 said:

I am thinking that the trip won't happen at all.  Even if we do sail, will the port even allow us to come in and do excursions?  

You are probably correct, and they will probably not- at least not at the level expected from non Covid 19 times. 

If they cancel you, you will get credit. 

We are booked on the Thanksgiving cruise on the Radiance/Breeze out of Port Canaveral.  With the reassignment to the Breeze, Carnival moved my final payment date back into August instead of September as when originally booked.  That being said, I now have concerns about our airfare and how that will be handled if the cruise is canceled and I need to cancel out RT air to Florida.  I booked our airfare myself because Carnival at the time of the cruise booking said my needs of more leg room would have to be addressed AFTER I booked from Carnival myself with the airline..  Yeah right.  Good luck with that.  Well in 3 weeks I have to pay my final payment.    I sure hope we cruise.