Canceling a cruise

Ombud

I've never been in this situation before so pardon me if it's general knowledge 

What happens if I cancel a cruise with a $400 deposit & FCC? Would I just be waiting for my deposit or the whole thing? I'm so tired of waiting on 2 other cruises (137 days on 1 & 42 days on another)

Thank you. I plan on canceling that cruise & as soon as the FCC is back in my bank, disputing the deposit. I'm not waiting 4-5 months on yet another refund. 

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Thank you. I plan on canceling that cruise & as soon as the FCC is back in my bank, disputing the deposit. I'm not waiting 4-5 months on yet another refund. 

Don't think of it as waiting for a refund, think of it as providing a zero interest loan to Princess. You are a lot cheaper than other loan sources that actually want interest for their money. 

17 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

I am not sure about your deposit, but we have been waiting since March 19th for over $7,000 to be returned. But, looks like they are working on it now. So there is hope......

I feel your frustration and I hope you're right. My oldest cruise waiting something was cancelled by Princess on March 8th. My total amount (bc I initially stated I'd take FCC) is: 5560 FCC (part rec'd) / 4215 gift cards / $834 / 1 FCD for 100

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

I feel your frustration and I hope you're right. My oldest cruise waiting something was cancelled by Princess on March 8th. My total amount (bc I initially stated I'd take FCC) is: 5560 FCC (part rec'd) / 4215 gift cards / $834 / 1 FCD for 100

I am not an expert so may very well be wrong, but I understood that FCD could be refunded but FCC go back to Personaliser as FCC for future use before their expiry date. Don't know about gift cards.

We waited 96 days for our 19th March cruise to be refunded...we chose Option 2. Flights have finally been refunded over 120 days from cancellation by airline.

Good Luck getting a refund.

Edited by Reina del Mar

From what has been explained to me and from other posts I've read, the monies get locked up indefinitely if Princess cancels the cruise and your reimbursement goes into the queue.  If you cancel it before Princess has a chance to do so, then, it should get back to you pretty quickly.  

Of note, as of a few days ago, I was completely reimbursed on 4 canceled sailings (all canceled by Princess).  I now have one more sailing that has been canceled for later this year and another one next spring that I fear is on the chopping block.  We will see how it goes but, the agent I spoke to down at Princess seems to think it will be taken care of within a month or so.  I'm not particularly confident that will happen, though.  It will be what it will be.  

• Like 1