Remaining 2020 cruises

Mitina

I suspect that most lines will cancel the rest of 2020 - which is what my TA suggested months ago already. Focus on '21 and allow the remaining time to thoroughly plan for how things are to be handled relative to COVID safety guidelines and whatever new policies are attendant to all that. Any sort of haphazard reopening of cruising, followed by virus cases onboard, will only take the industry right back to where it was in March. I have mid-January '21 booked, and give it about a 50/50 chance at best of going as scheduled. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I have mid-January '21 booked, and give it about a 50/50 chance at best of going as scheduled. 

We usually cruise for 30 days in the Caribbean during January and February.  We're now actively researching resorts for a land-based stay.

1 hour ago, angela miller said:

Spoke with my TA this morning and was told they have not gotten cancellations in writing from Viking at this time but soon. Anxious to get our Oct Normandy moved as I know so many of us are.

I understand you being anxious for an announcement by Viking; however, I don't believe you need to wait before booking a replacement cruise.  We booked a September 2021 Med itinerary back in April in the event this year's October 6th TA is cancelled.  When our expected 125% voucher 🤞becomes available, we'll just apply that to next year's cruise.

• Like 2