Heads Up for others re Future Cruise Certificates

islanders07

Just a quick note on FCCs so hopefully others won't find themselves in the same situation.
My wife and I find ourselves with 3 FCCs each. 2020 would have been a good cruising year…
I thought to treat us and booked a suite on a cruise in April 2021 intending to use all the FCCs to help with the cost. According to Celebrity Cruises Cruise with Confidence program the FCCs can be used on any cruise.
Unfortunately, I've since learned that I can only use 1 FCC per person on a new booking. Celebrity Cruises will extend the expiry date of the remaining FCCs but this doesn't help with the cost of the suite.
So we have a decision to make!
Hopefully this info helps others.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

According to Celebrity's FAQ's you can request a refund of a previously issued FCC.  You can then apply the funds to your suite booking.

I believe that is true for cruises which X cancelled and you had the choice of a refund or FCC.

For cruises cancelled by passenger Before.X  cancelled or of non-defendable deposits it is only FCC.

11 hours ago, islanders07 said:

Just a quick note on FCCs so hopefully others won't find themselves in the same situation.
My wife and I find ourselves with 3 FCCs each. 2020 would have been a good cruising year…
I thought to treat us and booked a suite on a cruise in April 2021 intending to use all the FCCs to help with the cost. According to Celebrity Cruises Cruise with Confidence program the FCCs can be used on any cruise.
Unfortunately, I've since learned that I can only use 1 FCC per person on a new booking. Celebrity Cruises will extend the expiry date of the remaining FCCs but this doesn't help with the cost of the suite.
So we have a decision to make!
Hopefully this info helps others.

Never mind

Edited by jagoffee

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

I believe that is true for cruises which X cancelled and you had the choice of a refund or FCC.

For cruises cancelled by passenger Before.X  cancelled or of non-defendable deposits it is only FCC.

LOL-- That's true for non-refundable deposits also.