Where was I?

26 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Looks a bit Norwegian?

Too far north

22 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

the road would be " a long and winding road"....

Ironically enough it is a variation on the "winding road" part😆

21 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Salo bay, Lake Garda, Italy?

Not Italy further South and little East

Edited by ilikeanswers

23 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Pure guess, Kotor, Montenegro.

I would say an educated guess😉. I didn't think Kotor would be so difficult, maybe it was the picture I chose🤔. For the record the road I was on is called Kotor Serpentine it is a series of hairpin turns up Lovcen mountain. At the top of the road is the town of Njeguši where Montenegro's hero prince was born. It also has eateries that serve the most delicious slow cooked meats😋 and stalls with yummy smoked cheeses.

Edited by ilikeanswers

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We were there in May 2016, although the weather was only nice for the morning, the afternoon it was torrential rain.

We got lucky with our weather though it did get very hot in the afternoon. We managed to climb the walls at dawn from advice of our apartment hosts. Afternoon we reserved for a relaxing drive to Njeguši and around Tivat. Montenegro from coast to the mountains is a stunning country🤗.

Edited by ilikeanswers

13 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I would say an educated guess😉. I didn't think Kotor would be so difficult, maybe it was the picture I chose🤔. For the record the road I was on is called Kotor Serpentine it is a series of hairpin turns up Lovcen mountain. At the top of the road is the town of Njeguši where Montenegro's hero prince was born. It also has eateries that serve the most delicious slow cooked meats😋 and stalls with yummy smoked cheeses.

It's an unusual photo of Kotor. It doesn't show the old town which is what most people are used to seeing. Interesting to see it from that perspective.

16 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I ended up using google earth to narrow the location.

Edited by Bowm54
  • Like 1