Did I Just Make a Mistake.....

rs45thompson

Please tell me if I just made a mistake.  I just booked cabin number 3220 on the Horizon for Sept 3, 2022.  I usually do research before picking a cabin but the customer service rep found a great deal on a Deluxe Oceanview so I switched rooms without looking.  Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. I usually verify that there are only cabins above us. 

How loud is the liquid lounge at night?  Do they have late night activities in there?  Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins?  How bad was the noise?  I would appreciate any advice/comments on the matter.

Okay in doing a little research I found out the liquid lounge is the main theatre.  The shows are usually at 7:30 and 9:00 - 9:30.  So I am thinking after 11 it should be quiet?  So we should be fine, right?  Do you hear alot of noise?  Help, please!

Like the last poster mentioned , the Liquid Lounge is sometimes, but not always, used as the night club. When we have cruised on Horizon both lounges have been used as the night club. We have been up as late as 2 PM in the night club so that could be a problem IF the Liquid Lounge Is used. Also, every time we have cruised on Horizon Quest has been held in the Liquid Lounge, which usually lasts until 1 - 1:30 AM, but that is only one night of the cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

We were in cabin 3243 last year.  It is an inside cabin on the starboard side.  So our cabin was closer to the lobby than yours is, so we were not directly under the liquid lounge floor- more under the entrance area.  We had some noise a night or two but nothing that kept s awake.  Mostly it was a pretty quiet location and I loved being a few steps from the lobby where the string trio played often.

When in doubt, don't. Its probably wise to move cabins. The Liquid Lounge Night Club (when being used) is open from 11pm to 2am. Sometimes can/may be open until 2:30 to 3am depending on the event/the crowd/the DJ. 

🎸🎶🎷🎤🎙CAN GET LOUD🎺🎹📢🔊🎼

20200826-124704.jpg

🎧   🎧   😉  🎧  🎧

Edited by ObstructedView2

I agree you should move your room if your a light sleeper or go to bed early.  One time, we got a really good deal on an inside room, 4 day cruise where carnival picked our room.  They assigned us a room on deck 8 under lido.  From 11-12 at night it sounded like a herd of elephants above us because they were line dancing.  I go to bed late, so it didn't bother me, however, my wife goes to bed early and kept her awake.

16 hours ago, pjhootch said:

We were in cabin 3243 last year.  It is an inside cabin on the starboard side.  So our cabin was closer to the lobby than yours is, so we were not directly under the liquid lounge floor- more under the entrance area.  We had some noise a night or two but nothing that kept s awake.  Mostly it was a pretty quiet location and I loved being a few steps from the lobby where the string trio played often.

Yes this is why I agreed initially, it was a great deal and right off the lobby.