Tonight’s not the Night

Oh Belfast Guy: 

You had to remind me.  My wife has warned me not to reminisce to excess as to where we were exactly one year ago.  That was at Stockholm--at the Regent hotel--having a nice dinner prior to the next morn.   That was when boarding Explorer to begin BtB Baltics-British Isles cruise(s).   Great memories. 

As to Anniversaries:  San Diego this past-March.   March 13th, to be exact.  Again at a Regent hotel anticipating (hoping) to board Splendor the next day.  That was to celebrate our 50th cruising to Miami in the company of our TA  and her spouse; and a couple who were at our wedding.   Instead--on March 14th, back to the San Diego Airport for return to SEATAC and Stay-at-Home lockdown protocols.   On the Anniversary date in lieu of being somewhere near the Panama Canal--to our basement stash to chill a  bottle of Regent champagne acquired on a prior cruise.  Not-quite the same ambiance during consumption; but another good memory.  

Take care, all.   Cherish those cruising memories; and Mask Up!

GOARMY!

Quick Edit:  That second segment included a day at Belfast and touring the shipyard where Titanic was designed, built, floated-out, and later finished-out.  Walking through those Yards--and the Museum--was the best of all tours taken on that trip.  To include Tea and scones served aboard a British Light Cruiser (now a floating museum) which survived 1915 Battle of Jutland.    

Edited by GOARMY

Happy 30th Anniversary to both of you.  You are so sweet to make the anniversary dinner.  Hope next year you are on a ship of your choice, going somewhere wonderful in the world.

4 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

And I should have mentioned I am beavering away on preparation of our Five Spice Duck with Asian salad in lieu of Pacific Rim for our 30th anniversary dinner, wifey said it was time she had a night off🙄

Go Army...

Remember..we were supposed to celebrate with you and several other couples on the Splendor. Instead,  we celebrated our anniversary at home, under self isolation. We ordered take out.. 2 Pound lobster dinners. Wonderful wine.. however, we will always remember where we had planned our anniversary. San Diego, through the Panama Canal to Miami. On that beautiful new Splendor. 
Maybe...another time.

sheila and Herb

Sheila and Herb:

Well-remember the planning that went into arranging the pre-dinner cocktail time, to be followed by a Compass Rose dinner at adjoining tables for five or six Anniversary couples.  Recall our friends from Switzerland claimed the highest number--55 years.

GOARMY

(Jim and Sue)

It looks like a lot of special anniversaries were kashahed by covid. We were supposed to do ours on the Explorer TA at the beginning of April. That too went down the drain, however we managed to celebrate with lobsters at our daughter's and son in laws home in Newport RI. Not what we originally planned for a 50th, but no less memorable!

I was thinking that maybe the long-planned locations of these special anniversaries were  kiboshed by COVID, but how wonderful that the anniversaries themselves were celebrated with so much love.   Thanks for sharing that joy with forum readers.  

Edited by greykitty
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Sheila and Herb:

Well-remember the planning that went into arranging the pre-dinner cocktail time, to be followed by a Compass Rose dinner at adjoining tables for five or six Anniversary couples.  Recall our friends from Switzerland claimed the highest number--55 years.

GOARMY

(Jim and Sue)

Jim and Sue

one of our plans we missed most was our “bagels and lox in the locks”...

Someday all together again...

Sheila and Herb

Sheila: 

Re:  All things Lox, bagels,  Locks (Panama)--

To quote (paraphrase) Oliver and Hardy:    "Well, another fine mess you've got us into!"   Yep, I had made preliminary arrangements via emails  and such with anticipated Splendor Cruise Director John Barron and Food and Beverage Manager Stephan--both of whom we sailed with on those 2019 at Explorer segments referenced above.  They were "on-board" with Splendor's Plan to provide a ship-wide "Bagels  and Lox Bash Event".   

Another great Idea relegated into the ash heap of history.  Oh, well.

GOARMY!

2 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Sheila: 

Re:  All things Lox, bagels,  Locks (Panama)--

To quote (paraphrase) Oliver and Hardy:    "Well, another fine mess you've got us into!"   Yep, I had made preliminary arrangements via emails  and such with anticipated Splendor Cruise Director John Barron and Food and Beverage Manager Stephan--both of whom we sailed with on those 2019 at Explorer segments referenced above.  They were "on-board" with Splendor's Plan to provide a ship-wide "Bagels  and Lox Bash Event".   

Another great Idea relegated into the ash heap of history.  Oh, well.

GOARMY!

As we were disembarking the Explorer in December, we spoke with John Barron and reminded him we would all see him in March. We also told him we were part of the “locks party”. He assured us he would make sure it would be a great event. 

78BBF46E-8A7D-430D-9284-CE4E5794F854.jpeg

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers