November Cruise from Jacksonville Not Showing

GAMOM4

40 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

Well they got me today. I waited and waited for them to cancel but with final payment due in 2 days for my Nov. sailing, I called today and move my booking to 2022. I would've preferred the refund and i'll be a little miffed if they go and cancel now that I moved the sailing. 

I think they should be much more lenient with refunds during this uncertain time, but it is what it is and at least I can look forward to '22 now. I'd be shocked if this whole mess is still going on by then! Sometimes it seems that there's no end in sight to it. 😞 

Why should they be lenient with cancellations? You had the option to select a refundable deposit but declined. They’re just following the terms of the contract you agreed to. You canceled... not them.

Edited by xDisconnections

4 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Why should they be lenient with cancellations? You had the option to select a refundable deposit but declined. They’re just following the terms of the contract you agreed to. You canceled... not them.

We're still in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, that's why I feel refunds should be lenient during this time but I understand if you don't agree with that. It's how I feel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

We're still in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, that's why I feel refunds should be lenient during this time but I understand if you don't agree with that. It's how I feel. 

Pandemic or not, they aren’t the ones to have canceled this booking. In a world where the cruise operator needs to rob Peter in order to pay Paul and is offering excessive gestures of goodwill in an effort to hold any captured deposits in lieu of a refund, it’s simply not sustainable for them to be lenient. If they refunded everyone voluntarily who didn’t “feel comfortable,” they would have to file for bankruptcy sooner or suffer worse challenges.

You have to remember that Carnival is a business. More importantly, it is a business trying to survive within an industry that is in severe danger. Many hotel franchises had to close permanently after their brand enacted cancellation waivers.

59 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Pandemic or not, they aren’t the ones to have canceled this booking. In a world where the cruise operator needs to rob Peter in order to pay Paul and is offering excessive gestures of goodwill in an effort to hold any captured deposits in lieu of a refund, it’s simply not sustainable for them to be lenient. If they refunded everyone voluntarily who didn’t “feel comfortable,” they would have to file for bankruptcy sooner or suffer worse challenges.

You have to remember that Carnival is a business. More importantly, it is a business trying to survive within an industry that is in severe danger. Many hotel franchises had to close permanently after their brand enacted cancellation waivers.

While I appreciate your explanation and views, my opinion is still the same. We'll just have to disagree. In any case, I have '22 to look forward to so i'm not all that upset about it. 

8 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

While I appreciate your explanation and views, my opinion is still the same. We'll just have to disagree. In any case, I have '22 to look forward to so i'm not all that upset about it. 

Understood. If they were lenient though, you possibly wouldn't have a 2022 cruise to look forward to but if you feel Carnival should have refunded you, well, that's your opinion and one is never wrong for their opinions. 

5 hours ago, OceanZena said:

You are not allowed to have an opinion on these boards that doesn't completely line up with the people that are in the cheerleader crowd.  This board is only for people that tow the company line.  Any opinion that is rational and realistic gets reported and removed immediately.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skridge said:

You are not allowed to have an opinion on these boards that doesn't completely line up with the people that are in the cheerleader crowd.  This board is only for people that tow the company line.  Any opinion that is rational and realistic gets reported and removed immediately.

I don't believe you have noticed yet but I'm not exactly pro-Carnival nor am I a Carnival Cheerleader.

14 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Yeah, we've been discussing that "interesting element" since last Thurs or Friday.

I am of the opinion that "the other shoe is about to drop", and either way it makes for a confusing consumer experience.