November Cruise from Jacksonville Not Showing

GAMOM4

Every November cruise except for sailings out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or Los Angeles went away. I'm booked on a Baltimore trip Nov 22 that disappeared. Looks like Carnival may be starting with 3-4 days sailings like John Heald hinted at.

15 minutes ago, DMac1983 said:

Every November cruise except for sailings out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or Los Angeles went away. I'm booked on a Baltimore trip Nov 22 that disappeared. Looks like Carnival may be starting with 3-4 days sailings like John Heald hinted at.

They still have 6-8 day cruises on Breeze and Horizon available for November.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DMac1983 said:

Minor correction:

Cruises still show up for Miami and Port Canaveral.

The LA cruises have now also disappeared.  (Been gone for a few hours.)

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Minor correction:

Cruises still show up for Miami and Port Canaveral.

The LA cruises have now also disappeared.  (Been gone for a few hours.)

They are about to get canceled.........    learned the history of cancellations since March..

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Yesterday morning I could see only cruises from Long Beach, Port Canaveral, and Miami.  I “reset filters” and thirteen ports showed as available.  

But as of late-yesterday (I haven't checked today yet), none of those other ports actually have available cruises.

So just another glitch.

EDIT: just checked.  Back to only being able to select Port Canaveral and Miami for Nov 2020.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

12 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

Hope we cruise in November need a drink of the day!

Hi

Many of the recipes can be found online. It would be easy and cheaper to just make some at home. It could help with the stress level of some on this site. Can't find my cruises!!!! Yikes!!! Yes, they might be cancelled. John H. has been hinting that they may sail soon, since March now. Eventually, he could be right.

First, they need somewhere they can go to. I would say that until the cruise lines can point to countries that are willing to allow cruise ships into their ports, "hinting" that something "may" happen, is meaningless. Can anyone seriously plan a vacation that way, even ignoring everything else involved?

November cruises from New Orleans have disappeared. We were scheduled for Nov. 30 five day on Valor. Now only 7 day cruises on Glory are listed and first sailing is Dec. 20. Shows Valor coming back for 4 and 5 day on April 29th. DARN. I was so hopeful -  😭

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

But as of late-yesterday (I haven't checked today yet), none of those other ports actually have available cruises.

So just another glitch.

EDIT: just checked.  Back to only being able to select Port Canaveral and Miami for Nov 2020.

I noticed this too. So it's looking like my Nov 30 Liberty sailing is a go, and I have till Wednesday to make final payment which I have no intention of doing. So i'll wait until Tuesday and if no cancellation is announced i'll move it to a Dec. 2022 sailing because there's no way on earth i'm sailing while wearing a mask.

I know the masks are for safety, but being muzzled is not my idea of a relaxing vacation. Hopefully by 12/2022 this will all be a distant bad memory and cruising will be back to normal again. 

12 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

I noticed this too. So it's looking like my Nov 30 Liberty sailing is a go, and I have till Wednesday to make final payment which I have no intention of doing. So i'll wait until Tuesday and if no cancellation is announced i'll move it to a Dec. 2022 sailing because there's no way on earth i'm sailing while wearing a mask.

I know the masks are for safety, but being muzzled is not my idea of a relaxing vacation. Hopefully by 12/2022 this will all be a distant bad memory and cruising will be back to normal again. 

That's precisely what we did last weekend - moved our Dec 2020 cruise to Dec 2022.  No admin fees, etc, and a cheaper cabin too (we did select a different type on purpose), saving $400 or so.  I guess we lost $200 in OBC (because the original booking was for the then-newly-announced Radiance), but that's a price I was willing to pay.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

That's precisely what we did last weekend - moved our Dec 2020 cruise to Dec 2022.  No admin fees, etc, and a cheaper cabin too (we did select a different type on purpose), saving $400 or so.  I guess we lost $200 in OBC (because the original booking was for the then-newly-announced Radiance), but that's a price I was willing to pay.

I'm losing the $200 OBC + the 2022 sailing is $200 more, (back to regular pricing over the deeply discounted Nov sale I got) but I don't mind and it's the price i'm willing to pay too. At 50, i'm right on the cusp of the high risk for Covid and it's not something I want to take the chance of getting. 

If I were in my 20's, it would be a different story. I probably would've thrown caution to the wind and gone on the Nov sailing, but my age makes me too chicken lol. So I don't mind pushing it back for the peace of mind. I'd be too nervous the whole time on board wondering if I was catching the virus on that Nov sailing. 

16 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

I'm losing the $200 OBC + the 2022 sailing is $200 more, (back to regular pricing over the deeply discounted Nov sale I got) but I don't mind and it's the price i'm willing to pay too. At 50, i'm right on the cusp of the high risk for Covid and it's not something I want to take the chance of getting. 

If I were in my 20's, it would be a different story. I probably would've thrown caution to the wind and gone on the Nov sailing, but my age makes me too chicken lol. So I don't mind pushing it back for the peace of mind. I'd be too nervous the whole time on board wondering if I was catching the virus on that Nov sailing. 

I'm in my 50s, so I understand.  (When we moved our booking to 2022, I realized I was eligible to click on "55 years or older" when looking at cabin rates. 😒  )

We are more concerned about older friends and family - some are in their late-60s through late-70s, and a few are "otherwise compromised".  So we are protecting them as much as we are protecting ourselves.

We are scheduled to be on the Ecstasy Nov 21-26 2020, and I can still see our itinerary, but I do not see any available Jacksonville cruises until Dec 10 2020. After only paying a deposit when we booked late last year or early this year, we  just paid the balance this past Monday. We did not want to pay the balance knowing it will most likely be cancelled, but didn't want to lose the deposit.

1 hour ago, skridge said:

This is what they do right before they cancel.  They are trying to bleed as much money out of people on those cruises they can before  they cancel.  It is a pattern that has been going on since the  start of the pandemic.

exactly..  100%  agreed!! 

On 9/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, Cruiseboy06 said:

They are about to get canceled.........    learned the history of cancellations since March..

2 hours ago, skridge said:

This is what they do right before they cancel.  They are trying to bleed as much money out of people on those cruises they can before  they cancel.  It is a pattern that has been going on since the  start of the pandemic.

49 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

exactly..  100%  agreed!! 

These still haven't been canceled and are currently on track to sail as scheduled. The sailings were removed due to limited capacity. Cheers.

5 hours ago, skridge said:

Well they got me today. I waited and waited for them to cancel but with final payment due in 2 days for my Nov. sailing, I called today and move my booking to 2022. I would've preferred the refund and i'll be a little miffed if they go and cancel now that I moved the sailing. 

I think they should be much more lenient with refunds during this uncertain time, but it is what it is and at least I can look forward to '22 now. I'd be shocked if this whole mess is still going on by then! Sometimes it seems that there's no end in sight to it. 😞