Thank you!

Azamara Team

We would like to thank all of our loyal guests for the support you’ve shown Azamara over the past few months. As an industry we’ve faced many challenges, but each day we’re a step closer to a healthy return to service. 

Despite the many uncertainties we are still facing, we are pleased to see that travel partners and cruisers have a strong interest in our new voyages. Following our 2022-2023 deployment announcement, we saw three times more bookings for new voyages compared to last year’s deployment announcement. The strong demand in our 2022-2023 deployment follows a very successful launch of our Double Upgrade promotion. Compared to the prior three weeks, bookings increased 55% following the launch of Double Upgrade, demonstrating even more pent-up demand for guests wanting to travel with the brand.

We value and appreciate the support of our loyal guests, as you are making this happen, which to us demonstrates that you want to sail with Azamara again as soon as it is safe to do so. Once we’re ready to return to service we plan to return stronger than ever, with guest experiences that will protect the wellbeing of our guests and crew yet remain true to the Azamara spirit. Even though changes are expected, our priority is to provide the same warm and genuine service only our small ships and crew can provide.

We can’t wait to see you back onboard!

• Like 5

We have booked and paid for a cruise from Cape Town on Journey in January.  I fear it will not go ahead.  As much as I love Azamara, it's my favourite cruise line and I don't think it can be bettered in terms of service, I believe the Company would be even more highly regarded if we were given a realistic timeline when cruises are likely to start.  November 2020 cruises are still appearing for sale on the website which is ridiculous. I think it is very bad form to take money from clients when they know the sailing will not go ahead and there will be a lengthy wait for a refund.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, welwyngirl said:

We have booked and paid for a cruise from Cape Town on Journey in January.  I fear it will not go ahead.  As much as I love Azamara, it's my favourite cruise line and I don't think it can be bettered in terms of service, I believe the Company would be even more highly regarded if we were given a realistic timeline when cruises are likely to start.  November 2020 cruises are still appearing for sale on the website which is ridiculous. I think it is very bad form to take money from clients when they know the sailing will not go ahead and there will be a lengthy wait for a refund.  

I totally agree and whilst I always try and be positive in any situation, this PR push telling us how good future bookings are kind of sticks in the throat. Especially when one is still waiting for refund monies.

This type of thread lacks empathy and does nothing more than alienate a client base. Notice how few positive replies have been forthcoming?  Hopefully a lesson learned by Azamara. Sorry. It had to said and good on you welwyngirl for starting the dialogue. 

Phil 

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I totally agree and whilst I always try and be positive in any situation, this PR push telling us how good future bookings are kind of sticks in the throat. Especially when one is still waiting for refund monies.

This type of thread lacks empathy and does nothing more than alienate a client base. Notice how few positive replies have been forthcoming?  Hopefully a lesson learned by Azamara. Sorry. It had to said and good on you welwyngirl for starting the dialogue. 

Phil 

Thanks Phil.  I thought there might be a few posts from a Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.😏 Good to know you acquiesce.  

Lesley

• Like 1

Thank you Phil for capturing my absolute frustration so eloquently.  
Where is the sorry it took a time to sort the refunds out?  Of course you’ve got bookings Azamara because many people are sitting on future credits which, certainly in the UK have no legal protection until applied to a booking due to the 25% enhancement.  So of course there’s an incentive to book.  
The itineraries may be interesting but a message like this, marketing spin, absolutely no empathy has left a very nasty taste for those who are still trying to untangle the mess their cancellations caused.

Where was the team here when people really needed them? 

A mistimed and badly written communication, which whilst agents might like the message, it’s done more harm than good for many guests. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, uktog said:

Thank you Phil for capturing my absolute frustration so eloquently.  
Where is the sorry it took a time to sort the refunds out?  Of course you’ve got bookings Azamara because many people are sitting on future credits which, certainly in the UK have no legal protection until applied to a booking due to the 25% enhancement.  So of course there’s an incentive to book.  
The itineraries may be interesting but a message like this, marketing spin, absolutely no empathy has left a very nasty taste for those who are still trying to untangle the mess their cancellations caused.

Where was the team here when people really needed them? 

A mistimed and badly written communication, which whilst agents might like the message, it’s done more harm than good for many guests. 

Very well said.  When this post appeared I wanted to ask what future bookings are like if you take out all bookings made with vouchers or credits... but I held back as I didn’t want to stir the pot. 

• Like 3