NCL Refuses To Refund Credit Card

babba

I had a cruise cancelled in April 2020 ... I foolishly took the credits and put towards an August 2020 cruise (also cancelled) ... so now I have a ton of credits and if I were to do it all over I would have just taken the money ... I will live and learn ... but this is the problem ...

NCL refuses to refund back to my credit card three spa passes purchased for the April 2020 trip. They were not transferred to the August 2020 trip ... we just indicated that we wanted our credit cards refunded with the amounts.

NCL is now saying that they will only offer a future cruise credit for the amount of spa passes ... I have the original letter from March 2020 stating that all amenities will be refunded back to the original payment ... they are claiming they never said this and it was misinformation ... I have it in black and white on their letterhead.

Please advise ... thanks in advance ...

You will have to file a dispute with your credit card/ bank.
That appears to be the only way to get back your money.
Thanks for informing us. I shall be more wary of Norwegian now.

in Feb 2020 when Norwegian crashed the price of the Norwegian Jade from Singapore to Dubai to just $33 per person per night, I was really tempted to book it.
This was a month before departure.

• Like 1

Credit card dispute is the only way to deal with any disreputable retailer, like NCL and any of the cruise lines.

Get your paperwork in chronological order, number the pages and PDF it.

Call your card dispute resolution department, they will likely keep you on the line and ask you to email to a specific name - they will then assess your paperwork and then assign you a case file number (hence why it is best to have your PDF already done).

Keep on the file.  If it gets delayed, check out the bank's dispute resolution process and escalate (you may have to do this in the event you end up with a less than efficient/happy processer).

Fight on and remember - do not reward NCL with your business again, if you do, you are rewarding their deliberate business strategy.

Consumers have to put themselves first. 

• Like 2

I would prefer to be a shareholder of the most profitable cruise line and a customer of the least profitable cruise line.

just like one should be a shareholder of Apple, which is the most profitable company in the world.
But not its customer.

Dispute it. Make sure you hold onto all docs and other proof. If you get a denial, just appeal armed with your actual proof. Some people get everything fixed on round one. Quite a few on the appeal. It depends on how your bank handles these things.