Final Payments Due Date

tyler6597

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I suspect it's the same legislative issue for Azamara.  Every other area has reported in at 120 days, which seems to be what Azamara does when they are allowed to.  But the flip side is that your deposits are non-refundable.

You seem to be saying Azamara deposits are non-refundable, or have I mis-read and you were referring to Viking?

Unless there is another difference of T&C's between countries, if one cancels 121 days or more prior to sailing a cancellation fee (not the deposit) is charged, except in the case of non-refundable deposit promotions and airfares. See section 31 :

https://www.azamara.com/en-au/australian-terms-conditions

I was referring to UK, never mentioned Australia.  It gets very confusing when people try to give advice about T&C to posters from another country, because the legal regimes for cruising seem to differ a lot and few of us are really conversant with the rules outside our own country.  I've seen a lot of posts about UK rules, so I think I understand that [at least a bit].  I know nothing about Australian rules and wouldn't try to advise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was referring to UK, never mentioned Australia.  It gets very confusing when people try to give advice about T&C to posters from another country, because the legal regimes for cruising seem to differ a lot and few of us are really conversant with the rules outside our own country.  I've seen a lot of posts about UK rules, so I think I understand that [at least a bit].  I know nothing about Australian rules and wouldn't try to advise.

Thanks for clarifying, the only "name" you mentioned was Azamara, hence my confusion.

Had you said the flip side is that UK deposits are non-refundable it would have been clear.

There are also posts on this thread from Canada and Asia, as well as Australia.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Thanks for clarifying, the only "name" you mentioned was Azamara, hence my confusion.

Had you said the flip side is that UK deposits are non-refundable it would have been clear.

There are also posts on this thread from Canada and Asia, as well as Australia.

I did include a quote from a poster named 'uktog' whose quoted post was clearly contrasting US and UK rules.  I thought that would be enough of a hint.  Sorry.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.45.05 PM.png

It is indeed very confusing and different rules for different marketplaces with travel legislation and protection. When I'm on my PC or iPad it will give me a posters location if they have entered it in their profile. If I'm on my iPhone (which invariably I am) it doesn't and that doesn't help either.

Phil 

• Like 2

There are different rules for different folks.

Last year onboard Pursuit we made a future booking it clearly stated payment was due 90 days in advance. I asked for clarification and it was confirmed that Azamara's terms were 90 days, so much so that Matthew (who we booked with) circled in pen the payment date.

The booking transferred to my TA (who I'm in dispute with over deposits) who was emphatic that payment was 120 days. I then scanned and emailed to the booking document with the circled date, only then would the TA admit the 120 days was their terms.

Germany is a different situation entirely. Five years ago we booked through the well known unnamed German TA, and by sheer coincidence we booked a couple days after Sterling had a taken nose dive on the foreign exchanges, none of the cruise lines had reacted to realign the prices quick enough and got a bit of a bargain. 

Anyway, as we got nearer to sail date I still hadn't paid the balance, and was quite concerned in case the booking was cancelled so I rang the German TA to be told payment terms in Germany were 30 days. Five days before payment was due I got my reminder.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, norn iron said:

There are different rules for different folks.

Last year onboard Pursuit we made a future booking it clearly stated payment was due 90 days in advance. I asked for clarification and it was confirmed that Azamara's terms were 90 days, so much so that Matthew (who we booked with) circled in pen the payment date.

The booking transferred to my TA (who I'm in dispute with over deposits) who was emphatic that payment was 120 days. I then scanned and emailed to the booking document with the circled date, only then would the TA admit the 120 days was their terms.

Germany is a different situation entirely. Five years ago we booked through the well known unnamed German TA, and by sheer coincidence we booked a couple days after Sterling had a taken nose dive on the foreign exchanges, none of the cruise lines had reacted to realign the prices quick enough and got a bit of a bargain. 

Anyway, as we got nearer to sail date I still hadn't paid the balance, and was quite concerned in case the booking was cancelled so I rang the German TA to be told payment terms in Germany were 30 days. Five days before payment was due I got my reminder.

Exactly our experience!  And actually the agency starts issuing reminders at 150 days which many who are not aware think is their new deadline.

Oh Covid has made us much more aware of so much 🙂

(Now how will we cope if we get regional legislation 🙂 🙂 

Edited by uktog
spelling
  • Like 3

Same thing with me. The agency tacked on an extra 30 days so their accounting department had the time to settle with the cruiseline. Of course it's a one way street because I'm now waiting for a much delayed refund fun them. 

Lesson learned. I was happy wth paying a month early for the deal. 

Phil 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Now that we've got the international situation settled 😉 – back to OP @tyler6597:  it seems that you got the standard US policy of 120 days out, same as Azamara has been doing in the US for many years.

I think sometimes it's useful for the discussion to be expanded as happened here. Often topics go a little off topic, or sometimes very off topic, right?

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think sometimes it's useful for the discussion to be expanded as happened here. Often topics go a little off topic, or sometimes very off topic, right?

Phil

Yes I agree.  I think it is very helpful to suss out the varying policies that Azamara uses in different countries.  I was just afraid that OP had gotten pushed aside and wanted to make sure the original issue was also covered.