Aurora Or Arcadia

janny444

Thank you everyone for all of your comments....as I initially thought would be the case ....very split as to which is everyone's favourite but what does come across is that we won't be disappointed with either. So it does look like it will come down to price ....when they are released.

• Like 4

Hols4

Had our first 4 cruises on Arcadia and loved them, but after going on Aurora we found it suited us better. There is much more outside seating on Aurora and a nice coffee lounge. Also the cinema is bigger. We like the Medina restaurant on Aurora as it is in the middle of the ship. The balconies are bigger on Arcadia but Aurora is our favourite, but prices are getting high on Aurora so may try Brittania when we ever get cruising again.

24 minutes ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

Had our first 4 cruises on Arcadia and loved them, but after going on Aurora we found it suited us better. There is much more outside seating on Aurora and a nice coffee lounge. Also the cinema is bigger. We like the Medina restaurant on Aurora as it is in the middle of the ship. The balconies are bigger on Arcadia but Aurora is our favourite, but prices are getting high on Aurora so may try Brittania when we ever get cruising again.

Hi....just had a look at cruise prices  for 2021....similar itinerary to what we are considering....my goodness....they are a bit Gee Whizz ....hope the 2022 are a better price at launch otherwise I feel a rethink coming on. 😵

17 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi....just had a look at cruise prices  for 2021....similar itinerary to what we are considering....my goodness....they are a bit Gee Whizz ....hope the 2022 are a better price at launch otherwise I feel a rethink coming on. 😵

You'll hopefully find the 2022 launch prices a bit better.   The 2021 cruise prices have gone crazy in recent months with people transferring from cancelled 2020 cruises and using future cruise credit.

I've never sailed on Auroa, but she does look nice. And I'm a big fan of Arcadia - so no surprises on which one I'd recommened.

The linear layout of Arcadia is great - I find it easy to navigate and there's no 'stop-start' when going from A to B (unlike on the Britannia).

Of course there are plenty of other reasons - many of which have already been mentioned here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, PJ's said:

Also Aurora is adult only and will therefore be more expensive. Have cruised on both of these ships but would choose Aurora every time. 

So is Arcadia since Oriana left

Sorry, just realised point had already been made

Edited by FangedRose

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well hello again. It's nice to see you back

Arcadia had always been adults only I think. Or at least since we first sailed on her in 2010.

Avril

Ohh yes. It was Aurora that changed wasn't it?

Just registered interest for 2022 so felt able to look at forums again 😃 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oulton Jim said:

We have just booked Aurora cruise R204 for May 2022. [Cabins are not confirmed until 11th so we are waiting to hear from our agency]

That is the cruse we are considering ....just a bit unsure as to how our travel insurance will work seeing as some POCs are on the FCDO list.

11 minutes ago, Oulton Jim said:

We weighed up the situation -at present we are liable to forfeit a deposit of £238 if we cancelled early. We thought it was a risk worth taking in order to get the cabin of our choice. 

That's how I am looking at it....worth forfeiting the deposit to be able to have something to look forward to and as you say having your cabin of choice.