Anybody know if there's going to be a $1 deposit promo this year?

pcur

I had two cruises cancelled by Princess this week, and I know the 100% FCC and bonus 25% FCC will take a while to be generated.  Meanwhile I have b2b2b cruises selected to use the FCC on, but they aren't moving the 100% FCC immediately to new bookings.  I have to wait until it shows in my Princess account.

I'm not interested in booking the cabin for these 3 cruises, because the 125% FCC is $34 less (current price) than the total for them, and I'm not interested in paying in more cash for the deposits.  

If there is a $1 deposit promo this Fall, I can grab the cabin and then wait for the FCC.  From what I've read it even looks like the FCC will automatically be applied to any open / unpaid bookings, which is perfect for me.

Anybody know if they will have this promo in 2020?

Thanks!

Edited by pcur

I doubt it. Imagine if everyone put down a mere dollar, and the cruise was cancelled and then they had to give everyone $100 FCC, as they did this past summer. They want/need cash flow. One buck isn't going to help them.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I doubt it. Imagine if everyone put down a mere dollar, and the cruise was cancelled and then they had to give everyone $100 FCC, as they did this past summer. They want/need cash flow. One buck isn't going to help them.

That makes sense.  Thanks.

I'm looking at 2021 cruises and many of the deposits ae $200, which is reasonable. 

The 3 cruises I want to book are a total of $2,000 in deposits, and I would prefer to see if I can get a lower deposit.  My goal is to get the deposit as close to the port taxes as possible,  which have to be paid in cash, and let the rest be paid by our FCC.

21 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I don't think so.  Cruise lines need the money.  Better chance Princess will extend your deposit date until FCC shows up.  Princess did that for one cruise I booked over the summer.

My TA asked, and they said they couldn't do it.  Even they don't know when the FCC will be generated.