Double points for Celebrity cruises

3 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I’m sailing on Celebrity Edge to Italy, Greece, and Turkey in September.  I’m Diamond Plus on Royal and am wondering if anyone knows if we’ll get double points on Celebrity sailings.

I don't believe points transfer between brands. Your D+ loyalty level on RCL gives you  Elite loyalty perks on Celebrity, but that's all you get.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I’m sailing on Celebrity Edge to Italy, Greece, and Turkey in September.  I’m Diamond Plus on Royal and am wondering if anyone knows if we’ll get double points on Celebrity sailings.

You might get more accurate info if you post this in the Celebrity threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Yes you will get double  Captains club points, with restrictions 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/captains-club/exclusive-offers/bonus-points

being D+ on Royal is irrelevant. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

being D+ on Royal is irrelevant. 

Excellent.  Thanks for the information!  If all my cruises sail (9 booked so far) I’ll earn 178 next year!!

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

Excellent.  Thanks for the information!  If all my cruises sail (9 booked so far) I’ll earn 178 next year!!

As long as the Celebrity cruises are in a Veranda or above.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From all the reading, am I correct that you would not get double points on Celebrity if it’s not a NEW reservation?
I know Royal is extending that courtesy, and I will get them for my RC Cruise that’s already booked for 2021. 

36 minutes ago, LookingForward2 said:

From all the reading, am I correct that you would not get double points on Celebrity if it’s not a NEW reservation?
I know Royal is extending that courtesy, and I will get them for my RC Cruise that’s already booked for 2021. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2763674-captains-club-double-up-points-promotion/

Might be better to follow the discussion over on the Celebrity board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LookingForward2 said:

It looks like you are correct, I never read through all the fine print I just added with restrictions and this is a big one. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like that thread was either merged with another or deleted. 

Yesterday another "Double Point" thread was removed from the Celebrity board.  Today this one and another "Double Points but not for singles" was removed.  Seems like the mods over there don't want people leveling up with the promo...

• Like 1

I got the email from Celebrity announcing double points before I heard about Royal.  Celebrity is for new bookings, which didn't apply to the booking I moved from this year to next already before their announcement.  Emails I have gotten from C&A imply that I will get double points next year but that booking is similar - moved a 2020 booking before the announcement.  Royal site now implies new bookings also.  Doesn't really matter - we just want to sail!  If we get double points next year it will be like our cruises this year actually happened and we will hit D+.  If not, we won't.

Government here is tacking on new restrictions and re-closing bars and gyms.  Due to 500 "new" cases they missed in the last month being added in one day to the count.  Still could easily handle all hospitalizations in the entire state in one hospital with lots of room left over.  Amazing how you can make statistics support whatever your agenda is.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

How many nights is your X cruise? Must be short as it’s 3pn for a balcony normally.

It’s 11 nights.  Not sure what “must be short as it’s 3pn for a balcony” means.  Please explain.  Thanks

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

It’s 11 nights.  Not sure what “must be short as it’s 3pn for a balcony” means.  Please explain.  Thanks

In normal times a balcony cabin on Celebrity earns 3 points per night.   For an 11 night cruise you would end up with 33 Captain's Club points.   These points only go into your Celebrity Captain's Club account, they do not go into your Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor account.

Celebrity has variable points based on cabin type booked.  An interior cabin doesn't receive the same points per night compared to a balcony cabin on Celebrity.  Entry level suites earn fewer points per night compared to high-end suites on Celebrity.  Royal doesn't work like that.  On Royal an interior, ocean view and balcony all receive the same points per night.  On Royal all suites receive the same points per night.

The Celebrity double points bonus only applies to new bookings.  If your booking is existing from before the double points promo being announced you will receive the normal 33 points.  If I book the same cruise today and have the balcony cabin next to you I will get double points or 66 points for the same sailing since I booked the cruise during the double point bonus.

Celebrity has been very clear that existing bookings do not qualify for the double points bonus offer.  

Celebrity has been very clear that interior and ocean view do not qualify for the double points bonus offer.  

Celebrity has been very clear that solo cruisers do not qualify for the double points bonus offer.  

Royal Caribbean's double point offer is different in that the above three statements do not apply or so it appears.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2