Read the fine print

ROYALBOY

I will start off by saying I know I will get bashed, but have learned my lesson already. We had booked a QM2 TA for August. I understood that the deposit was non refundable, but I missed the part that said non-transferable.We have decided that the 2 cruises we had for July/August are just too early for Europe and cruising. The celebrity cruise I will be able to transfer to 2022, but the Cunard cruise is lost and gone forever, even though we wanted to transfer it to a more expensive cruise later in the year. Oh well, live and learn.

58 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

I will start off by saying I know I will get bashed, but have learned my lesson already. We had booked a QM2 TA for August. I understood that the deposit was non refundable, but I missed the part that said non-transferable.We have decided that the 2 cruises we had for July/August are just too early for Europe and cruising. The celebrity cruise I will be able to transfer to 2022, but the Cunard cruise is lost and gone forever, even though we wanted to transfer it to a more expensive cruise later in the year. Oh well, live and learn.

How refreshing to have a person to post, and admit, the making of a mistake.  Only to caution others and not just winge, moan, seek sympathy, and hammer Cunard.

How mature, well played sir!

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive
  • Like 2

I agree. Don't cancel until it's time for final payment. Things may change.

I received a full refund from Aer Lingus for a planned trip to Europe by waiting until they informed me that the outbound flight was cancelled. Before then I could only have applied the full fare toward a later booking.

On 11/13/2020 at 4:27 AM, Host Hattie said:

It's also unusual that we seem to have better booking conditions in the UK at the moment. 

Sorry that you have lost your deposit, I hope it doesn't put you off sailing with Cunard.

Its even odder than that - I booked today for an  Jul 2022 cruise  on Cunard - from NZ (Australia site but a NZ TA) - 5% deposit refundable except for NZ$50pp until Jan 2022 - also a huge OBC of US$910  for a 34 night cruise.