Do They Hide 5+ Rooms

LuCruise

Not too long ago, I was looking at rooms available on our Oasis cruise to see if they had any balcony rooms that have the 5+ indicator (i.e. Pullman and a sofa bed...so our kids get their own space).  We grabbed one of the Central Park 5+ rooms as these showed on Royal's site, and none showed for their Balcony rooms.  I figured the balcony rooms with a Pullman and sofa bed were sold out as this cruise has been selling for a year or so.

They just released summer 2022 and when I check Oasis balcony rooms for 5+, none of them are showing as available.  So I'm guessing that they don't offer these by search and you have to call and specifically ask?  It's a bit frustrating as we would have selected differently had I known they were available.  I wish Royal would just show what they had as we would have paid more for that room if we had known one was available.  It is especially deceiving since they do show the 5+ for Central Park, Boardwalk and Promenade rooms.

Edited by LuCruise

28 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Looks to me like there are 1A Family Balconies on Deck 11,  cabins11162,11166,11170,11172.  and  2 on Deck 7, aft by rock climbing wall, cabins 7730 and 7330.

Thanks.  I am looking at just regular balcony rooms to hold 4 people.  As posted by Ourusualbeach above, they are exact same price .  On Oasis, they have a pullman + sofa bed stead of a just a double sofa bed.  

Could see these rooms for promeande, central park and boardwalk so is deceiving they weren't showing for balcony rooms.

Edited by LuCruise

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The 5+ are the same category as the cabins that hold 4 and are the same price (category 3D)

Not sure about Royals site but the TA site shows them and can be booked with 4 guests

Thanks.  I guess Royal's site just holds out on these but not sure why just balcony rooms.  If I had known, I would have called.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  I guess Royal's site just holds out on these but not sure why just balcony rooms.  If I had known, I would have called.

If you are in the same category just call and move rooms, no price difference.  You could also change categories but would pay going rate.

• Thanks 1

Is there a list somewhere of which ships can hold 5 in a balcony? I have searched high and low. We have two connecting rooms on Independence booked for our first trip with the kiddos, but all being in the same room would open up things for us moving forward. 

20 minutes ago, lfox02 said:

Is there a list somewhere of which ships can hold 5 in a balcony? I have searched high and low. We have two connecting rooms on Independence booked for our first trip with the kiddos, but all being in the same room would open up things for us moving forward. 

Other than a few rooms specifically designed to hold 5 (the ultra spacious category) or suites Oasis and Allure are the only ships I know of that have regular rooms that can accommodate 5 guests.  They have a sofabed plus a Pullman. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Other than a few rooms specifically designed to hold 5 (the ultra spacious category) or suites Oasis and Allure are the only ships I know of that have regular rooms that can accommodate 5 guests.  They have a sofabed plus a Pullman. 

Question, have you noticed on most future Brilliance Deck plans has Deck 9 showing about 3 dozen Balcony Cabins holding 5 passenger?

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Question, have you noticed on most future Brilliance Deck plans has Deck 9 showing about 3 dozen Balcony Cabins holding 5 passenger?

Thanks, I hadn’t noticed those before but they are definitely there.  They are on all the Radiance class ships. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

The Grandeur has a room we have stayed in rm #8000.  It does not have a balcony, but it will sleep 6-8 depending who you ask at RCI.  The room has 500+ sq ft and includes a 2nd room with 4 bunks and an additional full bathroom. The main room has lots of space, a 2-twin/1queen bed and a sofa and several chairs.  It has 2 large windows on the port side, The front one looks at a small balcony that is part of the bridge.  It is called a suite (without balcony).  I imagine that depending on the 5 folks cruising, it will be very accommodating.  We had it with only the 3 of us and loved it.  We are to have it again in January, 2021, but we are unsure of the sailing. (We expect yet another cancellation).  

FYI the maximum you can book in a room through the website is 4. I booked a two-bedroom grand suite on Oasis for 6 people and the 2 additional people actually go on a separate reservation number for the same room. I booked it via the NextCruise office while on board a ship, otherwise you have to call to do it. 

(But you should still be able to see the rooms that hold more than 4 people, I was able to see the cabin I booked and saw that it could sleep 8 people, just couldn't book it myself. Price for passengers 5 and 6 is same as for #3 and #4.)

Edited by SG65CB