Lift and shift question

lssg

I called celebrity to lift and shift my up coming transatlantic cruise on the Edge in April 2021 to April 2022 and I was told it will have to be reviewed and they will get back to me in a couple of weeks?  Has anyone else had to wait weeks to find out if they could lift and shift their cruise?

If you are staying with Edge then there is a difference in the number of nights where 2022 is a day shorter and technically doesn't qualify for L&S.   If they are willing to review it to see if they will make an exception for you I'd take it.    Very early on when the rules were not so tight I was able L&S a 10 night Equinox sailing to a 9 night the following year at the same price of course.  I had a killer deal so I didn't care about losing the extra day.  As time went on reports of these exceptions being made are few and far between.

On Dec. 15, I was going to Lift and Shift my 2021 Apex TA to the similar itinerary of the 2022 Edge TA (I didn't like the more Northern route the Apex 2022 TA was taking).  I was encountering no problems.  However, during the discussion with the Celebrity reservationist, I realized that an upgraded suite on the Edge TA was thousands of dollars less expensive than what I had with the Apex.  That being said, I booked a new reservation on the Edge TA and will either cancel the Apex TA with the 48 hour guarantee or wait for a 125% FCC if Celebrity cancels the trip.

2 hours ago, lssg said:

I called celebrity to lift and shift my up coming transatlantic cruise on the Edge in April 2021 to April 2022 and I was told it will have to be reviewed and they will get back to me in a couple of weeks?  Has anyone else had to wait weeks to find out if they could lift and shift their cruise?

I did a L&S Apex May1,2021 to Apex April 2022 online on Friday and had the change in cruise planner on Monday.

1 hour ago, npb said:

I did a L&S Apex May1,2021 to Apex April 2022 online on Friday and had the change in cruise planner on Monday.

It is one day shorter right?  Was it listed as an eligible L&S in their system or did you have to call someone?

17 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It is one day shorter right?  Was it listed as an eligible L&S in their system or did you have to call someone?

They are both 14 days.  I just filled in the form online.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, lssg said:

We are on this same Transatlantic on the Edge.  The website shows no eligible L&S cruises, probably because the April 2022 Transatlantics on both Edge and Apex are one day shorter (14 vs the current 15 nights).  I was wondering if by calling there might be some flexibility.  Your post suggests that the answer is "maybe."  Please keep us posted as to what you learn, since the final payment date is approaching.

Tom & Judy

7 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

We have an Apex cruise booked May/21. I think it will probably be too early to travel safely.

The only other cruise that matches is Oct/21.

There is nothing similar in 2022.

Is it possible to L &S from May/21 to Oct.21?

Thanks

Unfortunately, no. You must L&S to a cruise one year from the date of your booked cruise, plus or minus 4 weeks. Five months just won't cut it.

17 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

So, it seems that if the cruise is a no-go, either by our decision or Celebrity's, we will have to pass on a Celebrity cruise with that itinerary. Too bad for Celebrity! It's such a lovely itinerary, I wonder why they are not continuing to offer it.??

what would the itinerary had been?

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

what would the itinerary had been?

I think you booked a similar. Barcelona-Valetta-and lots of Greece. It went to places in Greece that we have not yet seen. If this cruise is cancelled, I don't know where we will travel next (not counting winter vacation to escape the cold!).I can't even think of travel now. I will be excited to go to a restaurant!

14 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

I think you booked a similar. Barcelona-Valetta-and lots of Greece. It went to places in Greece that we have not yet seen. If this cruise is cancelled, I don't know where we will travel next (not counting winter vacation to escape the cold!).I can't even think of travel now. I will be excited to go to a restaurant!

Yes we did for May 2021 but moved it to an almost identical itinerary Aug 28, 2021, still ?? if this one will sail as well.  Booked a TA for April 2022 and Med/Israel for Oct 2022, feel much better about those.  Good luck!!

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Yes we did for May 2021 but moved it to an almost identical itinerary Aug 28, 2021, still ?? if this one will sail as well.  Booked a TA for April 2022 and Med/Israel for Oct 2022, feel much better about those.  Good luck!!

Thanks. Good luck to you ,too!  We were supposed to do the Reflection this past Oct. to Israel. My husband really chose that itinerary. I wasn't so happy because we have been to Israel several times and the tours were all Israel 101!  It would have been a hassle to get to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. At our age we need easier travel! At this point, when life returns to normal, I would really like to take our children and grandchildren on a "trip of a lifetime". But to get everyone to agree on a time and a place may not be so easy. 

We tried it a few years ago and all we managed was to take one son's family to Alaska. That was a big success.

Meanwhile, everything is in lockdown. The weather is not very enjoyable and I don't have a cleaning lady. We just have to get through this mess.

Stay safe and healthy.  And Merry Christmas to you (or should I say Happy Holidays?0  I couldn't believe the fuss people made about that!  In my opinion, good wishes are good wishes.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:46 PM, TFree said:

We are on this same Transatlantic on the Edge.  The website shows no eligible L&S cruises, probably because the April 2022 Transatlantics on both Edge and Apex are one day shorter (14 vs the current 15 nights).  I was wondering if by calling there might be some flexibility.  Your post suggests that the answer is "maybe."  Please keep us posted as to what you learn, since the final payment date is approaching.

Tom & Judy

I called our big box travel agent today, primarily to get the travel agent's artificially early final payment date moved closer to the real Celebrity final payment date of January 18.  I got that accomplished.  I also asked them to explore with Celebrity in a general way whether there is any flexibility on L&S (for example, in the case of our transatlantic, to Lift and Shift from our 15 night Edge cruise in 2021 to a 14 night Edge or Apex cruise in 2022).  Celebrity did not bite on the general suggestion, but then I was not actually proposing to make the switch yet.  My agent held out some hope that in response to a specific request by me to make the switch, it might be possible.  But I am not ready to do that yet.

Tom & Judy

Edited by TFree

2 hours ago, TFree said:

I called our big box travel agent today, primarily to get the travel agent's artificially early final payment date moved closer to the real Celebrity final payment date of January 18.  I got that accomplished.  I also asked them to explore with Celebrity in a general way whether there is any flexibility on L&S (for example, in the case of our transatlantic, to Lift and Shift from our 15 night Edge cruise in 2021 to a 14 night Edge or Apex cruise in 2022).  Celebrity did not bite on the general suggestion, but then I was not actually proposing to make the switch yet.  My agent held out some hope that in response to a specific request by me to make the switch, it might be possible.  But I am not ready to do that yet.

Tom & Judy

I'd not be making a final payment for ANY cruise in March, April or May of 2021, probably not June either.  Though perhaps I'd wait until closer to final payment date.  We moved our May 2021 to an equivalent cruise in Aug 2021, still feel iffy about that, but clearly have time before final payment.  Will see how things are in May 2021 in both US and Europe (where the cruise is based) before making final decision.  While Celebrity does not know definitively, based on current CDC guidelines, seems to me they still have a solid idea.  Those of you that do make the final payment in uncertain conditions, I do not envy you at all.  We will all still be here for you as you navigate the refund/FCC process.  Good luck and Happy New Year, and good riddance 2020!!!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 4:38 PM, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

Just to follow up on my own post, we requested approval for the technically-not-eligible Lift & Shift on January 7, to Lift & Shift from the 15 night Edge transatlantic in 2021 to the 14 night Apex transatlantic in 2022.  This was a few days before the 2021 transatlantic was cancelled by Celebrity.  Anyway, today, January 18, the Lift & Shift was finally approved.

Tom & Judy

14 minutes ago, TFree said:

Just to follow up on my own post, we requested approval for the technically-not-eligible Lift & Shift on January 7, to Lift & Shift from the 15 night Edge transatlantic in 2021 to the 14 night Apex transatlantic in 2022.  This was a few days before the 2021 transatlantic was cancelled by Celebrity.  Anyway, today, January 18, the Lift & Shift was finally approved.

Tom & Judy

Which APEX TA?  We are on 4/30/22, love the itinerary and esp the sea days

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Which APEX TA?  We are on 4/30/22, love the itinerary and esp the sea days

We are on the same one.  We liked the itinerary of the Apex 4-30-22 transatlantic much better than the itinerary of the Edge 4-22-22 transatlantic.  

Tom & Judy

1 minute ago, TFree said:

We are on the same one.  We liked the itinerary of the Apex 4-30-22 transatlantic much better than the itinerary of the Edge 4-22-22 transatlantic.  

Tom & Judy

Nice, exact same reason we moved from EDGE as well.  Was not a L&S they just let us move our deposit over.  Enjoy the cruise!