Port everglades hotel

wolft927

28 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

My question regarding sleeping in an RV at a Wal-Mart parking lot was a bit tongue in cheek. However,  after reading all the responses I'm glad to report that up here in the great white north,  you'd feel perfectly safe to do that with your whole family at the local Wal-Mart. 

Personally can't imagine having those feelings of insecurity that some of you are sharing.

ps. I have booked a hotel and will watch for price drops. Thank you.

RV's, Wally-World parking lot, pre-cruise, perfectly safe. Time for another sabbatical. See ya!! Have a nice summer.

Right, so no one knows anything about Avid hotels?

Since the Hyatt Place 10th is sold out, I'm wondering if I should book Dania Beach.  The Hyatt Place hotels are all identical, I believe.  Anyone know what's around the hotel in walking distance?  Would need food and somewhere to pick up wine.

Still, the $125 for Avid (even though it isn't open yet and I've never heard of this chain) seems like the best price I'm going to find.  Location is 3001 SW 26th Terrace, Dania Beach, Florida 33312.

Appears to be just west of 95 and north of 595.  Google Maps doesn't show anywhere to eat or any shopping. 😞

On 12/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, wolft927 said:

So i am heading out of Port everglades in december 2021 and just found a really good deal for a pre cruise room. Renaissance Hotel about a half mile from dock was only $122 before taxes. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Select but they wanted $300 plus. Anyone cruising out of Port everglades in December ( I'm out the 4th) check out that deal.  

We are flying in on December 3rd, checking out on the 4th.  Just started looking at a couple of hotels. Where did you find your deal?

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

Distance doesn’t matter as long as it’s in Ft Lauderdale.  Price up to $250

What date?  Hotel prices fluctuate wildly depending on whether it is low (summer) or high season (winter) or in between.