DH sick- Princess said can transfer name, but what happens to FCC?

OC SeaPA

DH is sick, and will probably not make it.  We have had 7 cruises postponed/cancelled, so we have alot of FCC.  I want to book my next cruise as my May 1st just got cancelled, but not sure if I should keep DH on the booking (as 2nd in cabin) and keep FCC, or change it to my sister, as she would be the one I'd end up cruising with anyway.  Anyone have any experience if cabin mate passes?  Should I just keep cabin for myself and save all FCC, or include my sister? 

If you can get FCC refunded to your credit card for DH s share do it. If not transfer FCC to whomever you will travel with while they are giving you the option. 
also, ask for an extension on FCC expiry dates. 
don’t leave the FCC sitting in your accounts to expire. You can book a higher category cabin, book the premium plus package offered now to use up FCC. 
if you change your mind you can cancel & rebook a different cruise,  

very sorry. Take care of yourself. 

Unfortunately FCC belongs to the person & cannot be transferred. At least that's how my mom's was. So if I was your DH I would ask kbaldwin@princesscruises.com to refund it to the method of payment. If it was paid with gift cards, those can be used by anyone 

I certainly hope he fully & rapidly recovers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Unfortunately FCC belongs to the person & cannot be transferred. At least that's how my mom's was. So if I was your DH I would ask kbaldwin@princesscruises.com to refund it to the method of payment. If it was paid with gift cards, those can be used by anyone 

I certainly hope he fully & rapidly recovers

OP did not indicate source of the FCCs. If bonus FCC from a cancelled cruise, it cannot be transferred or refunded.

I do not know what happens if a cruise is booked with FCCs and a name substitution is made.

Certainly if it was money paid for that cruise, the name can be changed and no refunding (and then a new payment) of the funds is made to the person who no longer is on the booking.

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, Ombud said:

Princess said in a webinar today that FCCs on Princess cancelled cruises can, upon request, be put in the name of the person who paid for the cruise.  So if the person who will still be able to sail in the future was the one who made the payments, the FCC for other people on the cancelled booking can be put in the payer's account.

Again, must request this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Princess said in a webinar today that FCCs on Princess cancelled cruises can, upon request, be put in the name of the person who paid for the cruise.  So if the person who will still be able to sail in the future was the one who made the payments, the FCC for other people on the cancelled booking can be put in the payer's account.

My grandkids and I normally sail on Carnival  ..... but now their Princess FCC can be put into my princess account? Is this for all FCC or just certain pauses?

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, caribill said:

This is FANTASTIC  news! I paid for a cruise for 7 people for June 2020. We have now moved the cruise to June 2022 and are not sure everyone can go. I love that I can get the FCC moved to me if need be. 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

My grandkids and I normally sail on Carnival  ..... but now their Princess FCC can be put into my princess account? Is this for all FCC or just certain pauses?

The question was asked in referring to the recent Princess pauses. But it would not hurt for you to ask Princess it it can be applied to your situation. You can reference that John Chernesky (Senior Vice President, North America Sales) said it in today's webinar.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:44 PM, adstz said:

This is FANTASTIC  news! I paid for a cruise for 7 people for June 2020. We have now moved the cruise to June 2022 and are not sure everyone can go. I love that I can get the FCC moved to me if need be. 

Don't wait. If you want your all the FCC transferred to your account do it now.