HAS PRINCESS PRICES GONE UP

mcrcruiser

13 hours ago, caribill said:

True. Carnival Corp has said they want to have cruises priced so they cost less than a land vacation.

But not necessarily a lot less. Just enough less that people will choose cruising instead of a land vacation.

That's always been one of Carnival's strengths. It often prices its cruise to suit the lower tier market and the average consumer budget.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:22 AM, skynight said:

Post Covid, 2022 or 2023, expect there will be high demand, thus increased fares. 

I think this is a valid point and its why we decided to book a 2022 cruise now. I know its a long way off but the price was pretty good when you consider the price included tips/drink package/internet that was included. Once we get to a point where the vaccine has things somewhat under control, I would expect a lot of pent up demand will drive prices higher without the perks.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

On 1/14/2021 at 10:48 PM, compozer said:

It probably depends on the itinerary.

•  

Absolutely.  We booked an Eastbound TA for March 2022 and the prices were insane.  I have never seen a MA mini suite with the beverage package and goodies for sub 2k + tax on a 14 day itinerary.  YMMV.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:42 PM, GonzoWCS said:

So looks like the jury is still out here?  I am reading mixed signals.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:48 PM, compozer said:

It probably depends on the itinerary.

On 1/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, atchisog said:

2020 25 day Transatlantic to Baltic on Sky: $13,600 in S7 Window Suite

2022 25 day Transatlantic to Baltic on Enchanted: $20038 in S7 Window Suite

from my perspective, my cancelled cruise in 2020 has gone up 50% in 2022 

12 March 2022... 14 night transatlantic on Regal... $769pp with $310 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

12 March 2022... 16 night transatlantic on Sky... $909pp with $250 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

9 April 2022... 14 night transatlantic on Enchanted... $769pp with $310 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

16 April 2022... 15 night transatlantic on Crown... $1149pp with $250 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

I think Princess prices are FANTASTIC!  I am booking tomorrow!

Edited by teecee60

10 hours ago, teecee60 said:

12 March 2022... 14 night transatlantic on Regal... $769pp with $310 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

12 March 2022... 16 night transatlantic on Sky... $909pp with $250 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

9 April 2022... 14 night transatlantic on Enchanted... $769pp with $310 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

16 April 2022... 15 night transatlantic on Crown... $1149pp with $250 OBC + $250 Mil OBC

I hope you are well.  Are you cruising more on Princess now instead of Celebrity?

I have missed your constant reminders concerning deals for inside cabins on the Celebrity threads.  Princess certainly has better deals than Celebrity.  Those are some excellent prices.  I think it will be a long time before Celebrity prices stabilize  due to the generous L&S program.  So many people are transferring their cruises to future dates at their old price and perks.  Likely the AI prices (TBD) will lead to less super deals for you.

What are you doing now that you are not able to cruise?

My DW and I were on a Celebrity TA with you some years ago.  We shared a Van from FCO to The cruise port.

All three of my Princess cruises were cancelled.  My Panama Canal cruise right now and my two FP cruises in the fall.  I have a lot of bonus FCC from Princess, so I am looking at options that might fit my schedule.  I have a  2021 fall TA and a January 2022 cruises on other cruise lines that are still a go.  

Good luck with your plans.

13 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Thanks for the analysis!

13 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Thanks!

On 1/18/2021 at 8:38 AM, jagoffee said:

I hope you are well.  Are you cruising more on Princess now instead of Celebrity?

I have missed your constant reminders concerning deals for inside cabins on the Celebrity threads.  Princess certainly has better deals than Celebrity.  Those are some excellent prices.  I think it will be a long time before Celebrity prices stabilize  due to the generous L&S program.  So many people are transferring their cruises to future dates at their old price and perks.  Likely the AI prices (TBD) will lead to less super deals for you.

What are you doing now that you are not able to cruise?

My DW and I were on a Celebrity TA with you some years ago.  We shared a Van from FCO to The cruise port.

All three of my Princess cruises were cancelled.  My Panama Canal cruise right now and my two FP cruises in the fall.  I have a lot of bonus FCC from Princess, so I am looking at options that might fit my schedule.  I have a  2021 fall TA and a January 2022 cruises on other cruise lines that are still a go.  

Good luck with your plans.

Thank you for the kind words! There are quite a few (somewhat snooty) folks on the Celebrity boards that do NOT feel the same way about my comments! My best Celebrity deal EVER was a 23 night transpacific for only 799pp! I was notified just last week that my 16 night April transatlantic on Reflection (my all time FAVORITE ship!) was cancelled. I have elected to take the future credit in hopes that their prices moderate somewhat if things ever get back to "normal."

I did a 28 night B2B on Princess two years ago out of LA... first leg through the Panama Canal (second leg was a transatlantic to Barcelona) and enjoyed it every bit as much as my first time on Infinity. Princess also does 15 night round trips to Hawaii out of both LA and SF that I can usually get GREAT deals on at the last minute. 

Even after 34 cruises, with most of them 14 nights or longer, there are still so many places to see, that I am driven almost exclusively by price. I have cruised Norwegian, Celebrity, Carnival, Royal and Princess and have never had a bad experience. It is just by chance that they are now my "go-to."  I think you will enjoy Princess if we ever actually get back to cruising. I hope you have fun! 

I was silly enough to come out of retirement to work at Kitt Peak National Observatory... taking people on tours of the night sky... (along the same lines as my astronomy programs on cruise ships) but Covid has put a crimp in BOTH of those areas! Here's a sample...  

in planet a1 solar_system.jpg

comet a 1 title.jpg

moon1a  title    106 98.jpg

sat 1a title 2.jpg

hist a 1 78.jpg

Edited by teecee60

Teecee60, good to hear that you are still searching for deals and that you have found something to keep you busy during this downtime.  
We have enjoyed a significant number of cruises on Princess and we agree that they are  very enjoyable.  If you can ever get a good deal, you might want to try the 28 day FP round trip from San Pedro. Nice cruise.  We have enjoyed many Princess cruises to the French Polynesia, but they might not be such a good deal for you due to the air fares.  
We are booked on the October 2021 Apex TA, but it is iffy at this time.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, mcrcruiser said:

Seems to us that we are paying more for a booked Sept 2022 ,Ruby Princess   Alaska cruise than we had paid in the past  . We have a HAL Hawaii cruise for Feb2022 & that price seems  fair  as well as our Carnival Hawaii cruise Oct 2022 

What has been your experience with  the cruise prices &  promotions  ?

Our recently booked British Isles cruise for 2022 is about in line with what we were seeing pre-pandemic but when you add on the tips/drink package/internet that we got with it, its a bit better.