The perfect sandwich ?

On 03/02/2021 at 5:12 PM, NSWP said:

Hate Vegemite - Axle grease, looks and tastes gross.

Do you like Mighty Mite the gf substitute for Vegemite. I know you can get gf Vegemite now but haven't bothered switching back.

Good with cheese on a cracker🧀

1 hour ago, broberts said:

There is a Canadian legal Marmite available in some specialty stores. Amazon wants CA$18 for 250gm Marmite and CA$20 for 220gm Vegemite.

Despite my love for Vegemite, for that price I would rather eat something else on my toast.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Do you like Mighty Mite the gf substitute for Vegemite. I know you can get gf Vegemite now but haven't bothered switching back.

Good with cheese on a cracker🧀

Tried it all, I did eat Dick Smith brand Aussiemite for a while but got a bit tired of that. Cottees Marmalade and Bega smooth peanut butter are my brekky spreads. But i prefer the big fried full english a couple of times a week and every day on the ships.

666895019_th(2).jpg.bb045c956f6ab27f86077b610c21451e.jpg

• Like 1

OMG, I bought some chicken wings from iga, they were marinated in siriatchi sauce, some thing like that, superhot any way.,

Call the fire 🔥 brigade, i am on fire. Bring on the ice cream.

Edited by NSWP

Sriracha?  Technically it's not as hot as Tabasco but Tabasco usually isn't used as a marinade, it's usually a seasoning. Sriracha marinade would be way too hot for me. I love spicy food but can't handle it the way I could when I was younger.

Next time make a quick raita with Greek yoghurt and cucumber as a fire extinguisher.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sriracha?  Technically it's not as hot as Tabasco but Tabasco usually isn't used as a marinade, it's usually a seasoning. Sriracha marinade would be way too hot for me. I love spicy food but can't handle it the way I could when I was younger.

Next time make a quick raita with Greek yoghurt and cucumber as a fire extinguisher.

That is the stuff, Sriracha, perhaps the coating had excess quantities of that. Very, very hot.  Luckily I had a an ice cold litre bottle of Hardys Stamp Sem/Sauv/Blanc to assist in dousing the fire.

Edited by NSWP

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is the stuff, Sriracha, perhaps the coating had excess quantities of that. Very, very hot.  Luckily I had a an ice cold litre bottle of Hardys Stamp Sem/Sauv/Blanc to assist in dousing the fire.

If it was marinated in it that would definitely be an excess quantity for me. It's usually a condiment or dipping sauce and a tiny amount is about all I could handle these days.

Many years ago I went to a wine festival (really a conference) in the US. One of the sessions was called Gustatory Skydiving. It was about matching wine to chilli dishes. The base was poached chicken, with tortillas and sour cream as fire extinguishers. The wines were a sparkling, a white zinfandel, and a pinot noir. The chilli was Mexican-style mole sauces.

The first mole was quite mild. The sparkling bubbled the heat away, and the zinfandel's slight sweetness soothed the palate. The pinot noir did nothing.

The second was a bit hotter and the zinfandel won out there.

The third was very hot to my palate and the only thing that worked with it was the pinot noir.

It was a fascinating experiment.

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Many years ago I went to a wine festival (really a conference) in the US. One of the sessions was called Gustatory Skydiving. It was about matching wine to chilli dishes. The base was poached chicken, with tortillas and sour cream as fire extinguishers. The wines were a sparkling, a white zinfandel, and a pinot noir. The chilli was Mexican-style mole sauces.

The first mole was quite mild. The sparkling bubbled the heat away, and the zinfandel's slight sweetness soothed the palate. The pinot noir did nothing.

The third was very hot to my palate and the only thing that worked with it was the pinot noir.

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You must have been an international businesswoman in your previous life?

58 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You must have been an international businesswoman in your previous life?

At that time I was President of an NZ computer user group, affiliated with other similar user groups world wide, and I was on my way to a US computer conference. The wine festival was on a few days before so a group of us decided to attend that as well. 

My real job was as a software developer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

At that time I was President of an NZ computer user group, affiliated with other similar user groups world wide, and I was on my way to a US computer conference. The wine festival was on a few days before so a group of us decided to attend that as well. 

My real job was as a software developer.

I was president of the Australian Council for Computers in Education 95-97, an affiliate of the Australian Computer Society.  My real job was as a teacher, Computer Consultant with the NSW Education Department and University lecturer. Which NZ group were you with?

31 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

I was president of the Australian Council for Computers in Education 95-97, an affiliate of the Australian Computer Society.  My real job was as a teacher, Computer Consultant with the NSW Education Department and University lecturer. Which NZ group were you with?

UniForum NZ, which was the NZ Unix user group. I was on the board from 90-96, President in 93, and conference convenor for the 91-96 annual conferences.

• Like 1