Pacific Princess Sold

What I liked about PP was that being a former Renaissance ship the cabins had sofas to sit on and nicely furnished as was all the ship very classy. She will be missed, word in the industry is PP is going to new owners of Azamara.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Not great if you can never get to use it.

Sadly you could be correct,...and then I find out we only get back the FCC we used for the deposit......no compensation for them cancelling the cruise.

17 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Sadly you could be correct,...and then I find out we only get back the FCC we used for the deposit......no compensation for them cancelling the cruise.

I don't think the cruise lines have enough money in the coffers to give out any more compo for cancelled cruises. They are flat out with refunds.

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I don't think the cruise lines have enough money in the coffers to give out any more compo for cancelled cruises. They are flat out with refunds.

Nah, all good , we got all our “real” money back when the first cruise was cancelled plus a full FCC so I was only using Princess’s money anyway so did not expect anything extra. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2021 at 2:56 PM, NSWP said:

What I liked about PP was that being a former Renaissance ship the cabins had sofas to sit on and nicely furnished as was all the ship very classy. She will be missed, word in the industry is PP is going to new owners of Azamara.

That’s a definite. Notification from Azamara by email today.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Azamara has announced that her new name will be revealed very shortly.  There are three options that they are considering and Azamara's descriptions are below.  Her sisters are Azamara Quest, Azamara Journey and Azamara Pursuit.  My pick ... Azamara Discovery.

Azamara Onward
Onward means going ahead in space or time. It evokes feelings of resilience, positivity, and the endless possibilities of the future. Azamara Onward is a name that shows how far we've come, and how we are continuing towards the next chapter of our journey.

Azamara Forth
Forth describes pushing forward in time or moving into view. It is also a homophone, alluding to the fourth sister ship of our fleet. Azamara Forth is a clever name that elicits the excitement of sailing forth together into a future of new encounters and fresh perspectives.

Azamara Discovery
Discovery means found or found out about for the first time. Aboard the Azamara Discovery it means an experience like never before. Whether you’re exploring the ship or diving deeper into an ancient culture, you’ll discover as much about the world around you as you will about yourself.