Downgraded, then upgraded, saved some cash

Barry ATL

I did my daily price check.  DH (who is wheelchair bound) and I are on the 11/28 Caribbean Princess in accessible  balcony cabin B302.  The price is $1079 pp with perks.  For fun, I looked at the price for an ocean view accessible.  There were none available so the website gave me an instant upgrade to accessible balcony R302 at the same price as the ocean view, $1004 pp w/perks..

I called Princess and the person said their system would not give them that price.  The rep was really helpful and asked me to book the new cabin at the cheaper price on the website.  I gave her the new booking number and after some moving money magic we got a better cabin.  Add to that saving $140.  

I have never really stalked the pricing like others here on CC.  I now see the thrill of finding a bargain.  

@Ken-ATL

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Jplanetx said:

love a bargain, did you keep your perks, what's included?

The before and after prices were both for the Best.Sale.Ever. so it had all the perks including the specialty restaurant.  A mid-ship, higher deck balcony, for seven days at $1004 pp including all the perks is a deal.

Edited by Barry ATL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, donswife said:

Good for you!  Sometimes it is hard to find the accessible cabins that you want.

So true!  Normally, when booking an accessible cabin you have to take what is available and seems to always be higher priced than the advertised price the non-accessible cabins go for.  So, for us, this was a great find.

• Like 1

We have a transatlantic on the Island booked for November 2021. Thanks to advice on CC I’ve been watching prices and managed to save money + perks. When the Best Sale Ever came out I used the chat feature on the Princess website to request adding the specialty dining perk. It took about an hour but the CSR added the dining and saved us about $700 by applying the new fare. Last week on CC I learned that website prices can be different if you are logged in vs. not logged in. On my iPad I saw the price decrease $200 while logged in. I used the chat again, asked for the new rate and in less than 1 minute, saved another $400 for the two of us. 

I’m also watching the EZ Air rates. On the first day they were available I booked Austin-Rome and Ft Lauderdale-Austin on Delta, economy comfort, for $793 each. Subsequently the prices have been around $1000 each. 

Another major perk is that the new cabin is immediately adjacent to the forward elevators.  It's always a perk to be able to reduce transit time between the cabin and the elevators.  On some ships, it is a bigger deal than on others.  I am sure that I will make up for the activity in other, more fun ways on the cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, texasgirl29 said:

We have a transatlantic on the Island booked for November 2021. Thanks to advice on CC I’ve been watching prices and managed to save money + perks. When the Best Sale Ever came out I used the chat feature on the Princess website to request adding the specialty dining perk. It took about an hour but the CSR added the dining and saved us about $700 by applying the new fare. Last week on CC I learned that website prices can be different if you are logged in vs. not logged in. On my iPad I saw the price decrease $200 while logged in. I used the chat again, asked for the new rate and in less than 1 minute, saved another $400 for the two of us. 

I’m also watching the EZ Air rates. On the first day they were available I booked Austin-Rome and Ft Lauderdale-Austin on Delta, economy comfort, for $793 each. Subsequently the prices have been around $1000 each. 

Yep... checking the Princess cruise prices has become part of my nighttime ritual before going to bed.  I like this game.  😀

• Like 2