Proof of neg covid test that is accepted?

seaman11

All international travel is requiring proof of covid tests before boarding, my question is what is accepted as "proof"  will just a print out of the results be good enough? i heard conflicting stories that the lab has to stamp it , or have a registration number?  Or will the lab date and time and result be accepted?

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

All international travel is requiring proof of covid tests before boarding, my question is what is accepted as "proof"  will just a print out of the results be good enough? i heard conflicting stories that the lab has to stamp it , or have a registration number?  Or will the lab date and time and result be accepted?

The thing about tests is that they are only snapshots -- of an instant in time.   As  it is possible to become infected within a minute of the test sample being taken, such test results lose increasing amount of their meaning with every passing minute.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Like 1

right but , my question is for those who have traveled internationally, they require a neg test within 3 days. so what form of proof is accepted?

for example my result come on an app so the print out of my result does not have too much info on it by minute clinic. 

Having done the Hawaii travel testing, it will probably be a document from a recognized lab, with letterhead, perhaps a Health Department stamp indicating approval of the lab, and the proper date and time stamp, plus description of the test type and result. 

You could send a Twitter message to Ted Cruz...I suspect he knows...😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Having done the Hawaii travel testing, it will probably be a document from a recognized lab, with letterhead, perhaps a Health Department stamp indicating approval of the lab, and the proper date and time stamp, plus description of the test type and result. 

Thank you , I have the results page with time, date,  result and type of test and lab, but there is no actual "certificate stamp" on it, this is what im concerned about. 

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Thank you , I have the results page with time, date,  result and type of test and lab, but there is no actual "certificate stamp" on it, this is what im concerned about. 

As you are someplace out of country, did you ask the lab who did the test? I suspect what you have will be adequate. Did you get the test at a solid location, like the hotel you are staying at?

Just now, CruiserBruce said:

As you are someplace out of country, did you ask the lab who did the test? I suspect what you have will be adequate.

Im in the US and im traveling abroad in a few days, i think im ok but i have heard I need a stamp on it from some airline bookers. So i wish they were more specific as to what is really needed. 

3 hours ago, iancal said:

IF I were travelling I would not depend on any data on this forum. 

Much better to see exactly what your arrival airport requires but do not do it too far in advance because the requirement could change.  No surprises.

Yes thank you , I have called the airport and the airline several times, im leaving in a few days .  depending on who i get, some say a neg result paper is fine, some said i need a certificate , and some said a stamp is needed on the neg covid test result. So you can see why i;m reaching out to anyone that might have traveled internationally since jan. I don;t want to show up on the day and be turned away .