Quantum Of the Seas 22nd March 2021 Semi-Live Report

Ethanol95

2 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Anybody knows is Voom Surf enough to do a live review on CC uploading photos and all/ and uploading to Instgram? Or would I need Voom Surf + Stream?

I have heard the surf is extremely slow.  My plan is to purchase a 2 day surf and stream package on Tuesday and save some $$, since we’ll be in port unto at least 9 pm. I figure we’ll be in cell range until late night.  

8 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Anybody knows is Voom Surf enough to do a live review on CC uploading photos and all/ and uploading to Instgram? Or would I need Voom Surf + Stream?

For that usage pattern, you'll want Stream.

13 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

I have heard the surf is extremely slow.  My plan is to purchase a 2 day surf and stream package on Tuesday and save some $$, since we’ll be in port unto at least 9 pm. I figure we’ll be in cell range until late night.  

That's a good idea! I might do that too. 

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

For that usage pattern, you'll want Stream.

Guess I'll need to spend on this. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

That's a good idea! I might do that too. 

Guess I'll need to spend on this. Thanks.

I received a Royal upgrade email last night.  I’m eligible to bid on ocean view and balcony rooms.  Did you get on for suites?

21 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

I received a Royal upgrade email last night.  I’m eligible to bid on ocean view and balcony rooms.  Did you get on for suites?

I don't think my family is interested this time round for convenience purposes, so it wouldn't really matter to me. I would have to ask my TA to check as well. If you are bidding, good luck then!

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And in some ships that isn't much better than surf.

I'm thinking during the initial ramp up, ships will have passenger capacity limits which may make Internet use a bit better.

Edited by Biker19

Hi, I just disembark from Quantum today. 

There were 1690 Guests onboard. Crown and Anchor count was about 300. Highest is 567 points. 

Here are some tips:

Bring your trace together tokens or download the app. I have seen people getting turned away and asked to go home and collect their token. If you lose your Tracelets, head down to guest service. No charge

Book the earliest appointment slot for your check in. The shows and activities were mostly sold out by 5/6pm

Once you clear immigration, immediately use the APP to book the shows! We did it right by the ship before boarding and booked all the shows and activities needed . 

if you want to play bumper car, book the earliest slot on the first day. Once you finish, you can rebook. This gives you additional bumper car rides for the other days. 

Skip the Normal North Star and go for the Free Mode North Star aka North Star Extended. Pay 40USD onboard. Only can be booked onboard. 

Doors to the Shows open up 30 mins before. Get there early and get the good seats of your choice.

XBox and table games are 20 mins each. Book them at the sea plex counter on your first day. 

As we were Diamond, we get 4 drinks free daily. Max 12 USD or below. Can’t be used at the Bionic Bar.

No dinner at the Windjammer Everyday. 

We enjoyed the service and the food offered. 

No Swab Test is needed after arrival into Singapore. you can just head home.

Edited by WaveSplasher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, WaveSplasher said:

Great to hear you had a good time!   The no post departure swab is newer.  I wonder when that started?  

4 hours ago, WaveSplasher said:

Hi, I just disembark from Quantum today. 

There were 1690 Guests onboard. Crown and Anchor count was about 300. Highest is 567 points. 

Here are some tips:

Bring your trace together tokens or download the app. I have seen people getting turned away and asked to go home and collect their token. If you lose your Tracelets, head down to guest service. No charge

Book the earliest appointment slot for your check in. The shows and activities were mostly sold out by 5/6pm

Once you clear immigration, immediately use the APP to book the shows! We did it right by the ship before boarding and booked all the shows and activities needed . 

if you want to play bumper car, book the earliest slot on the first day. Once you finish, you can rebook. This gives you additional bumper car rides for the other days. 

Skip the Normal North Star and go for the Free Mode North Star aka North Star Extended. Pay 40USD onboard. Only can be booked onboard. 

Doors to the Shows open up 30 mins before. Get there early and get the good seats of your choice.

XBox and table games are 20 mins each. Book them at the sea plex counter on your first day. 

As we were Diamond, we get 4 drinks free daily. Max 12 USD or below. Can’t be used at the Bionic Bar.

No dinner at the Windjammer Everyday. 

We enjoyed the service and the food offered. 

Thanks for the tips! Did you manage to book shows and activities before the departure day?

Royal's website is such a ***** show that I can't even book UDP for 7 people. Cruise ship policy now allows 8 per reservation as per the same policy for Singapore safe measures. It just keeps saying Maximum number of guests allowed per booking is 5. Then i tried to split it up and purchase it twice, but they won't let me either.. Only allowing me to modify current purchase. God, this is pretty atrocious, and to think only 1 ship is sailing so far..

10/03/21 Update: 

A flash sale has begun on cruise planner for the cruise. So far, I had only been tracking Wifi and Dining packages and both became cheaper. Prices of things like North Star and IFly still remain the same, which kinda sucks. Due to the system not being a very smooth process earlier, I already booked the ultimate dining package. Prices went from $115SGD down to now $100 SGD. Sad thing is I already paid up, and even though I know some say that you can lock in the cheaper price, i believe its only if its in cart and payment had not been made yet. Well that's okay, we still have Wifi to purchase. 

I have also now booked my PCR test for 19th March. This process was much smoother, though there is tight security, but for the better of the passengers. Royal requires passenger to register an account with Trust One which both have an app and a website, before booking your test. At this time it is unknown whether this avenue is a local/regional partnership, or something that will be rolled out over the long term to other global homeports. So far, it looks like a very organized system for the PCR testing of Passengers and delivery of results. I will come back to this point next week. That's all for now. Thanks for following.

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 10.46.36 PM.png

Edited by Ethanol95
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Sad thing is I already paid up, and even though I know some say that you can lock in the cheaper price, i believe its only if its in cart and payment had not been made yet. 

You can cancel and you will receive a refund.  Once cancelled you can repurchase at the lower price.  The cancellation is immediate, the refund may take a while.

If you used OBC to purchase anything it immediately shows back up on your account to spend again

Putting things in the cart does not lock in the price.  If prices go up so will the price in the cart

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can cancel and you will receive a refund.  Once cancelled you can repurchase at the lower price.  The cancellation is immediate, the refund may take a while.

If you used OBC to purchase anything it immediately shows back up on your account to spend again

Putting things in the cart does not lock in the price.  If prices go up so will the price in the cart

I don't even know whether I want to. Booking at the time I did, I couldn't even get my entire party in one timed seating for dinner. It had to be split. So I wouldn't want to risk the lack of availability either. Thanks for your tips though!

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 6:09 PM, Ethanol95 said:

Thanks for the tips! Did you manage to book shows and activities before the departure day?

Yup we did. We had the earlier appointment at 2.30pm and managed to book all shows. Was onboard the ship in 15 mins starting from luggage drop off. 

22 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Oh, also. I will be posting live instastories for those who use Instagram of the sailings. So please follow, if you would like to join me through the trip. 

My ID: Flyinghigherr

I just added your profile to my instagram app.  Thanks for sharing

• Like 1