Chances of a Kids Sail Free This Spring?

RCCL Fan

7 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Looking forward to meeting many more nice people in our cruise travels. 

But since you won't wear a mask, it'll be awhile.   It might have been sooner if masks were not needed if 100% of the crew and cruisers were vaccinated.   But of course that won't happen because masks will be needed because of unvaccinated children

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And no, I will only cruise without a mask. 

Like I previously stated, that is your right, but since masks will be needed in the short term at the very least, you have no skin in the game, at least until the mask restriction is lifted.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

But since you won't wear a mask, it'll be awhile.   It might have been sooner if masks were not needed if 100% of the crew and cruisers were vaccinated.   But of course that won't happen because masks will be needed because of unvaccinated children

I'm ok with that. I can go to an all inclusive winter of 2021 and go on a cruise winter of 2023. 

9 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Once again to put things in a nutshell.  I avoid cruising for the most part during the summer and school vacations to avoid unruly kids.   I have 35 cruises under my belt and have never cruised on an Oasis Class ship, but we will be doing so next year since I assume our 8/30/21  sailing will be cancelled.

I was hoping that vaccines would be needed for 100% of all cruisers,  including kids because then the possibility of not having to wear a mask could come into play.  With unvaccinated kids on board, masks will probably still be required. 

The vaccinated adults shouldn't have to wear the masks. The un-vaccinated kids should wear masks. There is new evidence now that fully vaccinated people will not transmit Covid to others. If that is the case, why should the fully vaccinated adults have to wear masks?

Here is one news source about this. There are plenty of other news article about this. Actually, I heard Dr. Fauci make this announcement about 3 weeks ago and he was quite encouraged by this finding.......

Can Vaccinated People Still Spread Covid?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Like I previously stated, that is your right, but since masks will be needed in the short term at the very least, you have no skin in the game, at least until the mask restriction is lifted.

And whenever that is I'll be there. 

Just now, coffeebean said:

The vaccinated adults shouldn't have to wear the masks. The un-vaccinated kids should wear masks. There is new evidence now that fully vaccinated people will not transmit Covid to others. If that is the case, why should the fully vaccinated adults have to wear masks?

Here is one news source about this. There are plenty of other news article about this. Actually, I heard Dr. Fauci make this announcement about 3 weeks ago and he was quite encouraged by this finding.......

Can Vaccinated People Still Spread Covid?

Whatever Royal decides Royal will decide. Out of our hands. 

19 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That will not be a possibility now that unvaccinated children will be on board.

Well, I take my my very brief stance that having un-vaccinated kids on board would be OK with me.

Maybe Royal can offer fully vaccinated crew and passengers and mask free cruises. That means no kids until they have a vaccine for them. I wonder how well those cruises would be attended.

As an aside.....on land, I always wear a mask indoors with the exception of being seated in a restaurant. I have been compliant with that guidance from the start of this pandemic and I continue to do so even though I am fully vaccinated more than 2 weeks ago. I always distance myself from others so that is sort of ingrained in me at this point. But.....on a cruise vacation, I do not want to wear a mask.

Edited by coffeebean

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I'm ok with that. I can go to an all inclusive winter of 2021 and go on a cruise winter of 2023. 

we're the same... nothing else for it but to look for an all inclusive somewhere instead of cruising and although initally hoping won't be disappointed.. we may be pleasantly surprised and enjoy it as much as cruising... until we are able to get  the cruise experience back that we know and love so much.... yep I am trying to convince myself right now, I know as just love the cruise experience (old one not the proposed new on) but here's to happy holiday whatever we do

32 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

All inclusive are a great alternative.   We will be going to Punta Cana and staying at the adults only Excellence resort in June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Not at all Mr Lawyer.  I just need to avoid posting on the Royal boards since I never seem to have these problems on the Carnival, NCL, MSC and Celebrity boards.  Must be the fact that the posters on those boards are not as judgemental as the "Loyal Royals."

Not in anyway a lawyer.  You’re the one who continues to complain about kids and there is absolutely nothing that is going to change. Sorry. Royal is building new ships geared towards families. 

M8

28 minutes ago, life is to be happy said:

we're the same... nothing else for it but to look for an all inclusive somewhere instead of cruising and although initally hoping won't be disappointed.

A good place for AI research is on TripAdvisor.  Cancun and the Riviera Maya section offers good value with many family oriented choices.  A brand new location is Planet Hollywood just north of Cancun. 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not in anyway a lawyer.  You’re the one who continues to complain about kids and there is absolutely nothing that is going to change. Sorry. Royal is building new ships geared towards families. 

M8

Sorry about the lawyer assumption.   I have repeatedly said that I am not against well behaved children.  I just don't  like kids that are allowed to run amok on cruises because their parents take a break from parenting while they are on vacation.  They figure the kids are in a contained environment,  so let them do as they please.

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

A good place for AI research is on TripAdvisor.  Cancun and the Riviera Maya section offers good value with many family oriented choices.  A brand new location is Planet Hollywood just north of Cancun. 

thanks. Ive been having a look on trip adviser for reviews. Did have a look at Mexico Cancun and Punta Cana in Dominican Republic and they looked good and a lot available for families too. but will check out europe too...just need to really have a think about what we looking for. Plenty of time as we will be waiting till last minute so we know what is happening with restrictions as we won't be going anywhere if restrictions in place... and will wait till next year....to get what we want 

45 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Whatever Royal decides Royal will decide. Out of our hands. 

Of course it is out of my hands. I have no say whatsoever as to what Royal will decide to do. Just putting the information out there that these mRNA vaccines are going to get us out of this funk we are in. Can't wait to hear the directive from our CDC that masks are no longer necessary for fully vaccinated people. Win Win for the vaccinated folks and for the cruise industry too.

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

I'm old and I love the bumper cars and the water slides. I can't do the flow rider though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Sorry about the lawyer assumption.   I have repeatedly said that I am not against well behaved children.  I just don't  like kids that are allowed to run amok on cruises because their parents take a break from parenting while they are on vacation.  They figure the kids are in a contained environment,  so let them do as they please.

And unfortunately, that’s not going to change. Same was as unruly entitled adults. Not going away either. 

M8

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You keep batting your head against a wall by repeating this mantra. Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 100% about unruly kids whose parents are oblivious to their whereabouts and how they disrupt an otherwise pleasant atmosphere. I think those negligent parents doth protest too much. You know who you are!!!

Edited by coffeebean

• LauraS locked this topic