Chances of a Kids Sail Free This Spring?

RCCL Fan

4 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If you are protected than why do you care if there are unvaccinated kids onboard? Do you know believe in the efficacy of the vaccines?

This is how I feel about it. My concern is how the cruise lines handle one, two, four or however many people test positive on any given sailing. I am concerned that the entire ship may have to quarantine, miss ports, have to go back to home port or what ever those wonderful scenarios may be that none of us want to deal with.

You did not quote my entire comment and I do believe I said something to this effect in that post. Didn't I say something to this effect in the post that I made that you did not quote the entire comment? I'm not worried for hubby and me for our safety. I'm worried our vacation will be ruined by the discovery of Covid positive passengers on board.

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

This is how I feel about it. My concern is how the cruise lines handle one, two, four or however many people test positive on any given sailing. I am concerned that the entire ship may have to quarantine, miss ports, have to go back to home port or what ever those wonderful scenarios may be that none of us want to deal with.

You did not quote my entire comment and I do believe I said something to this effect in that post. Didn't I say something to this effect in the post that I made that you did not quote the entire comment? I'm not worried for hubby and me for our safety. I'm worried our vacation will be ruined by the discovery of Covid positive passengers on board.

I quoted your entire post, I highlighted one statement though. 

The possibility of a vacation being ruined by the discovery of Covid positive cases will be real for quite some time regardless of vaccine status of the passengers. There will still be testing required in order to board as well as other measures in place in order to mitigate though. Masks, social distancing, and reduced capacity (among others) will most likely be in place for some time when cruising resumes. 

I think it's more of a 50/50 shot.  Many cruise lines have already announced that they will require the vaccine in order to cruise.  The problem is, that leaves out the kids, as they aren't old enough yet to receive the vaccine.  Yes, studies are being done to see if it's safe for kids, but we may not know the answers to that until Fall.

It may be in the cruise line's best interest to require the adults to be vaccinated and the kids to be either Binexed or PCR'd before cruising.

3 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I think it's more of a 50/50 shot.  Many cruise lines have already announced that they will require the vaccine in order to cruise.  The problem is, that leaves out the kids, as they aren't old enough yet to receive the vaccine.  Yes, studies are being done to see if it's safe for kids, but we may not know the answers to that until Fall.

It may be in the cruise line's best interest to require the adults to be vaccinated and the kids to be either Binexed or PCR'd before cruising.

Makes sense and that's how it seems they'll be doing it in Israel for the time being. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I just want to know how many adults/children have to be sick with covid before the entire ship has to be quarantined and or the sailing is canceled and the ship has to return to port? That's has always been my concern from day 1.

Me too.

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Someone posted this on another thread regarding kids cruising out of Israel. Will probably be like this out of the USA as well I suspect. 

"In an interview with Ben Bouldin,  VP for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the following was stated in Travel weekly (and the interview podcast)

“All adult passengers and crew will have to be vaccinated prior to sailing. Children under 16 will not be vaccinated and will be able to sail as there will be full testing before boarding.”"

That seems fair. As long as the cruise vacation is not cut short for any reason and ports of call are bypassed if there happens to be Covid positive passengers on board.

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

That seems fair. As long as the cruise vacation is not cut short for any reason and ports of call are bypassed if there happens to be Covid positive passengers on board.

Oh that will never be guaranteed and will be part of the fine print for quite some time. 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sounds to me you need a cruise in the quiet of a library. 

Not at all Mr Lawyer.  I just need to avoid posting on the Royal boards since I never seem to have these problems on the Carnival, NCL, MSC and Celebrity boards.  Must be the fact that the posters on those boards are not as judgemental as the "Loyal Royals."

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Someone posted this on another thread regarding kids cruising out of Israel. Will probably be like this out of the USA as well I suspect. 

"In an interview with Ben Bouldin,  VP for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the following was stated in Travel weekly (and the interview podcast)

“All adult passengers and crew will have to be vaccinated prior to sailing. Children under 16 will not be vaccinated and will be able to sail as there will be full testing before boarding.”"

As long as those non vaccinated are well behaved children instead of unruly rugrats, then I will not care.  There are adult only areas on the Oasis, Mardi Gras and Joy that I will frequent and children are a non factor on the Apex and Discovery Princess.  

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

As long as those non vaccinated are well behaved children instead of unruly regrets, then I will not care.  There are adult only areas on the Oasis, Mardi Gras and Joy that I will frequent and children are a non factor on the Apex and Discovery Princess.  

Isn't it awesome that adults have their own sections of certain ships??? I would say quiet but we all know how rowdy some of those bridge games can be once the wine spritzers start flowing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Isn't it awesome that adults have their own sections of certain ships??? I would say quiet but we all know how rowdy some of those bridge games can be once the wine spritzers start flowing. 

Bridge games?  Didn't  realize this was the HAL boards?

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The possibility of a vacation being ruined by the discovery of Covid positive cases will be real for quite some time regardless of vaccine status of the passengers. There will still be testing required in order to board as well as other measures in place in order to mitigate though. Masks, social distancing, and reduced capacity (among others) will most likely be in place for some time when cruising resumes. 

My hope is that a fully vaccinated ship  (passengers and crew) will not have to mask. I can handle the distancing with no problem but I do not want to wear a mask on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Oh, sorry about that. I didn't go back to look.

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

My hope is that a fully vaccinated ship  (passengers and crew) will not have to mask. I can handle the distancing with no problem but I do not want to wear a mask on a cruise ship.

Me neither but it's looking like masks will be in place for some time. I won't cruise if masks are required but apparently there are plenty who will. 

15 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Bridge games?  Didn't  realize this was the HAL boards?

I think it was bridge anyway. Last year on Allure I took my then 2 year old for a walk through the Solarium and a group of lovely purple haired ladies who were playing cards and were well into the sauce called us over for a chat. My daughter has ringlet curls and the ladies were infatuated with them. After some good laughs they gave her a cookie and we were on our way. Looking forward to meeting many more nice people in our cruise travels. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

good to hear that about under 16. thank you

9 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

That will not be a possibility now that unvaccinated children will be on board.

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Me neither but it's looking like masks will be in place for some time. I won't cruise if masks are required but apparently there are plenty who will. 

Another with no skin in the game who will not cruise without a mask.  Totally your right, but why post about it when like others,  you have no skin in the game.

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Another with no skin in the game who will not cruise without a mask.  Totally your right, but why post about it when like others,  you have no skin in the game.

No skin in the game? I have an Odyssey cruise booked for Feb 2022, if masks are required I won't be on it, if masks aren't required I'll be on it. Simple as that. I wear masks daily in my regular life, have never fought them, I can wait to cruise until they're no longer required though. I have many many years of cruising and family vacations ahead of me, I can wait another year. 

And no, I will only cruise without a mask. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 1