Are more 2022 cruises being announced?

rmorita

I have an FCC that needs to be booked by April 2022 and taken by September.  Are more cruises still being announced? I'm not sure when I should book our next reservation.  We're flexible on where to go, but don't want to lock in too early if more destinations and dates are announced.

1 hour ago, rmorita said:

I have an FCC that needs to be booked by April 2022 and taken by September.  Are more cruises still being announced? I'm not sure when I should book our next reservation.  We're flexible on where to go, but don't want to lock in too early if more destinations and dates are announced.

Flexible is excellent as it is impossible to predict the schedules for really any future cruises.  Certainly there will be many changes for cruises already announced along with new journeys.

Am, however, perplexed by your locked in comment.  If you live or book under North American rules you can can cancel until final payment date.  Maximum damage is $100pp and a FCC.  If booked with a TA and a refundable deposit - you just cancel.

A lot of "ifs" ahead....but if the restart relies on short cruises as has been indicated, and depending on how long short cruises are the status quo, itineraries may change drastically. Celebrity doesn't offer much in the <7 day range. Would that entail a complete cancel of existing cruises and selling new shorter cruises? Who knows.

2 hours ago, rmorita said:

I am booked on APEX, Turkey and Israel, Oct. 2022

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

A lot of "ifs" ahead....but if the restart relies on short cruises as has been indicated, and depending on how long short cruises are the status quo, itineraries may change drastically. Celebrity doesn't offer much in the <7 day range. Would that entail a complete cancel of existing cruises and selling new shorter cruises? Who knows.

First of all, love your logo - and for a Wisconsinite no less!

Anyway, I am wondering if the short cruises will only be for the first one or two sailings.  Beyond smoothing out the rough edges of the protocols and procedures, what exactly would it accomplish to continue with short sailings?  Everyone onboard will be pre-tested, tested again while onboard, and likely will require a vaccination before sailing.  Are the odds of someone catching Covid really that much worse for a 7 night than a 4 or 5 night with all those precautions?  I seriously doubt it.  

I think some of the planning to do short cruises was made well before we knew we would have such very effective vaccines.  Perhaps that will change the original thinking (presuming of course that variants don't throw a wrench into all the plans)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

First of all, love your logo - and for a Wisconsinite no less!

Anyway, I am wondering if the short cruises will only be for the first one or two sailings.  Beyond smoothing out the rough edges of the protocols and procedures, what exactly would it accomplish to continue with short sailings?  Everyone onboard will be pre-tested, tested again while onboard, and likely will require a vaccination before sailing.  Are the odds of someone catching Covid really that much worse for a 7 night than a 4 or 5 night with all those precautions?  I seriously doubt it.  

I think some of the planning to do short cruises was made well before we knew we would have such very effective vaccines.  Perhaps that will change the original thinking (presuming of course that variants don't throw a wrench into all the plans)

We do part-time in Chicago too...so I'm not all Wisconsin! 

I've seen nothing that would hint at the expected timeframe for these short cruises. Additional CDC Technical Instructions are supposedly coming out any day now so maybe that will shed some light. 

The 'short' sailing approach was created due to the incubation period of the virus. If you don't show symptoms until at least day two after exposure but are most contagious 24-48 prior to symptoms appearing they're able to wash passengers in and out during critical periods. Get them on the ship with a  negative test and off before they're sick or highly contagious, essentially. I tend to think they will either have to take the short cruise approach for quite some time, or have a vaccine requirement which would last shorter than the short cruise concept would.  Vaccines + short cruises may be a requirement but I don't see that lasting long.