Princess Pricing anomalies

tere247

We have a b2b, first of which is with family.  My son’s wife checks for fare reductions. She called to tell me out cruise went down by

$125 pp.  I went to pull up that cruise as well as the one we were on by ourselves.  I opened Chrome on my IPad and got a higher fare than we were booked for.  I went to Safari and got the lower fare.  So, I checked all 3 of my cruises, Chrome on my IPad, Safari and Chrome on my husband’s Samsung android tablet.
IPad Chrome showed a fare of $1919 and Samsung Chrome and Safari showed a fare of $1794. 
Our B2B, IPad Chrome showed $1819 and Samsung Chrome and Safari showed a fare of $1694. 
We got the lower fare.  Had I not gone any further and relied on my IPad Chrome only, I would never had gotten a reduction.  In the future, I will check all for fare changes.
I had this happen once before. A difference between my laptop Chrome and my husband’s Samsung Chrome. We were given the lower fare.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tere247 said:

We have a b2b, first of which is with family.  My son’s wife checks for fare reductions. She called to tell me out cruise went down by

$125 pp.  I went to pull up that cruise as well as the one we were on by ourselves.  I opened Chrome on my IPad and got a higher fare than we were booked for.  I went to Safari and got the lower fare.  So, I checked all 3 of my cruises, Chrome on my IPad, Safari and Chrome on my husband’s Samsung android tablet.
IPad Chrome showed a fare of $1919 and Samsung Chrome and Safari showed a fare of $1794. 
Our B2B, IPad Chrome showed $1819 and Samsung Chrome and Safari showed a fare of $1694. 
We got the lower fare.  Had I not gone any further and relied on my IPad Chrome only, I would never had gotten a reduction.  In the future, I will check all for fare changes.
I had this happen once before. A difference between my laptop Chrome and my husband’s Samsung Chrome. We were given the lower fare.  

It may be the result of algorithms applied to the different devices based on their browsing history or other harvested data.  It's the future of "dynamic pricing."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

If you are searching the Princess site there are lower fares for past cruisers that sign in. Maybe you remain signed in on some browsers and not on others. Just a thought.

I’ve not thought of that. I can check that out.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

If you are searching the Princess site there are lower fares for past cruisers that sign in. Maybe you remain signed in on some browsers and not on others. Just a thought.

I believe that this is the correct answer. I have always gotten the best price by signing in with Princess as opposed to doing a dummy booking incognito.