What cruising Covid restrictions will make you reconsider cruising as a vacation option?

gwsster

On 3/7/2021 at 6:30 PM, cruisin07family said:

We're booked for Bermuda in August 2021.  Masks are a no.  Excursions are a no.  Vaccinations required is a no.  There are currently 16 states open with no mask mandates and we will visit any of those instead.  

Amen, Same goes with vaccine. Plenty of other -place to give my money to. Have a great time!

14 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Here is a very easy, simply ingenious fix to never ever have your glasses fog up again............

Trick for no fog glasses.. Try it. It works!

The only place I wear a mask is inside a retail establishment that requires one.  I take my glasses off when I don the mask as I enter.  I take the mask off and put the glasses back on when I exit.  No issues. 

15 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I believe once a person is seated in a restaurant, they are not moving around. It is much easier to maintain social distancing with someone who is not moving around. Social distancing is guaranteed, so to speak with a seated person. IMHO, that is the reason for masking when moving around in a restaurant but OK to remove the mask once seated and considered "stationary".

True.  But don't forget to put your mask back on when interfacing with your server.   Take the mask off when seated but put it back on when the server arrives to take your drink order.  You can take the mask off while waiting on the drinks to be served but you should put it back on when the drinks arrive.    You should put the mask back on when the server brings the menu.   You can remove the mask until the waiter returns to take your order.  You can take the mask off after placing your order off then but you should put it back on when the food is being served.  Many places allow you to remove the mask while eating but, IIRC, the Governor of California says to replace the mask between bites while chewing your food.  You'll need to be masked while the server brings the check.  Almost forgot, you'll need to keep your mask on if your conversing with an adjacent table.

My local country club allows patrons seated at the bar to remove their masks while drinking or eating.  But, this same club requires the patron who is standing next to you to replace between sips.  Masks do not have to be worn at all in the outdoor patio which is usually far more crowded than inside.

46 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

True.  But don't forget to put your mask back on when interfacing with your server.   Take the mask off when seated but put it back on when the server arrives to take your drink order.  You can take the mask off while waiting on the drinks to be served but you should put it back on when the drinks arrive.    You should put the mask back on when the server brings the menu.   You can remove the mask until the waiter returns to take your order.  You can take the mask off after placing your order off then but you should put it back on when the food is being served.  Many places allow you to remove the mask while eating but, IIRC, the Governor of California says to replace the mask between bites while chewing your food.  You'll need to be masked while the server brings the check.  Almost forgot, you'll need to keep your mask on if your conversing with an adjacent table.

My local country club allows patrons seated at the bar to remove their masks while drinking or eating.  But, this same club requires the patron who is standing next to you to replace between sips.  Masks do not have to be worn at all in the outdoor patio which is usually far more crowded than inside.

For me that experience doesn't sound enjoyable enough to pay for! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

That's absolute lunacy. Glad I don't live where you do. I go out to dinner with a group of friends about once a week. Here in Northern Virginia, we don't have that kind of nonsense. We wear masks when we enter, and if we go to the bathroom. That's all. Not between sips/bites, not when talking with the server, conversing with other tables, getting our food, etc. What you're describing is insane. Again, I am glad I don't live where you do.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

That's absolute lunacy. Glad I don't live where you do. I go out to dinner with a group of friends about once a week. Here in Northern Virginia, we don't have that kind of nonsense. We wear masks when we enter, and if we go to the bathroom. That's all. Not between sips/bites, not when talking with the server, conversing with other tables, getting our food, etc. What you're describing is insane. Again, I am glad I don't live where you do.

Most of those in this area ignore guidance of this kind.   That said, I have read guidance that says  you can remove your mask while seated at your table but should replace the mask when 'interacting' with the server.  That would include exactly the things I described.

The more ridiculous the guidance becomes the more it undermines things that do make sense.   I read just yesterday in the Wall Street Journal that you should avoid showering at the gym but if you must shower, then you should wear your mask in the shower removing it when you washed your face and head.  And, of course, there is Fauci's statement to wear a mask during sex.  

On 3/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, DCGuy64 said:

I think he was just trying to be funny. The amount of interaction with the waiter/waitress is very minimal and does not require a patron to don a mask. Actually, we do wear our masks when ordering but that is it while seated.

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I think he was just trying to be funny

Honestly, sometimes it's hard to tell, LOL. 😆

There are people in our society, of which posters on CC are only a microcosm, who believe that their fears and feelings = fact and policy. This is what prompts certain individuals to say, and I'm paraphrasing "I have to wear a mask all the time when I'm on the ship and do their excursions and social distance all of the time, well no way I'm cruising and I bet everybody else agrees with me so cruising is finished." None of that is necessarily true, and yet some people act as though their worst fears are fact, so they jump to ridiculous and inane conclusions. I think I've spent too much time on this site, LOL. 🤪

On 3/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Most of those in this area ignore guidance of this kind.   That said, I have read guidance that says  you can remove your mask while seated at your table but should replace the mask when 'interacting' with the server.  That would include exactly the things I described.

The more ridiculous the guidance becomes the more it undermines things that do make sense.   I read just yesterday in the Wall Street Journal that you should avoid showering at the gym but if you must shower, then you should wear your mask in the shower removing it when you washed your face and head.  And, of course, there is Fauci's statement to wear a mask during sex.  

Odd - showering at the gym/spa is not an option in our area.  You can used the toilet but showers are off limits.  However, I'm sure there are people that shower anyway.  Of course the wearing masks during sex would be advised if it's someone outside your household or "quaranteam". Glad I'm married now, if my husband gets sick I'm sure I will...