The Price Is Right "Now"

jetsfan58

Hello my Family of Cruise Nuts. I read an interesting piece in the latest publication of Cruise Industry News. The article deals with the latest buzz surrounding the Cruise Industry and the possibility of increasing the price to Cruise. Below is an excerpt from the article:

Cruise companies may be eyeing a significant increase to ticket prices in the near future as demand surges and sailings sell out in record time.

“Wall Street is not happy,” said one source familiar with the situation. “If cruises are flying off the shelves, the message from big investors has been to raise prices if inventory is selling too quickly … the companies are leaving too much money on the table.”

Cruise lines have widely reported strong pent-up demand and record sales volumes in media announcements, leading to a backlash from the investment community.

Carnival said sales were solid due to pent up demand in late February, and a few weeks earlier, Oceania saw its world cruise sell out in a single day.

Unfortunately this Pandemic has caused us to literally "shift" our daily lives. We actually have no idea what "Normal" may ever resemble again. Or if there ever was such a phenomenom as "Normal". There are numerous rumors and innuendos that have some Cruise Lines eliminating all activities except "serving food"? While that rhetoric is probably a bit exaggerated, it may not be too far from soon to be a reality. With that being said, I would appreciate our normal (or insane) thoughts on the Cruise Lines having the audacity to possibly "increasing" our Cruise prices despite potentially and drastically "reducing" and/or eliminating the majority of our "Fun".   

We are getting close to hopefully Cruising Again!!! Sea You on The Water!

The problem with price increases is that what will be offered is still diminished. Cruise lines were cutting down on quality, charging a ton for all extras already, and reducing entertainment. Yes, vacation demand is going to be sky high when people can actually start. It doesn't mean that people have 2x the money to vacation. 

I want to vacation like the next person. People are starting to find values in vacation without sacrificing the cost. You can take a family to AI's currently and still pay under $4000 for a week. I personally have a price point for a week's vacation where it becomes unaffordable for my family of 3. $3,600 cruise fare, $1,000 drinks package, flights, etc will take cruising out of our price range just like other places have. AI's are another option that is going to be very viable as well. Cruise lines will have to compete with that growing trend now. My price point for a vacation is ~$200pp/per day.

Yes indeed I see and hear your point. We have found no other enjoyable totally fantastic family vacation. We have not taken a land vacation is many years. Cruising Is Us!!! Just like other venues timing is everything. I am a bargain shopper by day and night. If it's to costly I don't go. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Small sample size here but a few months ago we booked Legend Baltimore to Bermuda in mid-November this year. Balcony cabin cost $2172 with $500 OBC included in the promotion. Fast forward to today. Our two youngest have decided they want to join us and they will be booking an inside cabin for $2000. This is what I posted in the other thread.

• 2 weeks later...