Elite Plus Benefits

Loracpin2

5 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

I read it differently.  I understand it to mean that it will apply to all last minute deals, but not all cruises will have last minute deals.  That is the way it was with the prior exciting deals.  

If Celebrity is trying to fill cabins they will both reduce the base price and/or add perks.  Supply and demand.  Pointless to banter about the semantics when Celebrity simply will fill cabins and get the most $$ possible.

And I agree as Elite the drink package means little to DW and self.  As for internet - do not want to ever connect on board.  Nice to let all that go for a couple weeks.

As for benefits from Captain's Club - there are different lists on their mobile platform from their full cite.  Also multiple differences in different places.  One list assumes - we know what that means - everyone has AI.  Also the cocktail hour is probably gone, but there are now drinks on your sea pass - or there were a year ago.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

They also do not mention free cappuccino, espresso, lattes and tea.  However, if you click on the View All Benefits tab, there is a brochure/chart that still lists the 240 internet minutes and the drinks.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/cc0ce13c#/cc0ce13c/2

Thanks for the link. It would be great if ALL the info Celebrity is currently publishing would be the same on all the available resource sites.

I am elite plus. Loyalty is not what it used to be.  With all in, elite plus benefits are not much. Some laundry and a free cup of good coffee.  All those points aren’t worth much. Now with higher prices to pay for all in, you are now paying for the WiFi and drinks that used to be a benefit.  Just goes to prove that  Celebrity realized the loyalty perks were expensive.  I like Celebrity and enjoyed the elite plus perks, they weren’t a big factor in persuading me to only book X. 

No matter what is published on Celebrity's website or what  some are speculating here on CC, we'll wait to board the ship to see what perks/benefits are listed on our welcome back Captains Club letter that's in our stateroom.  🥂 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I believe you have it right....The cocktail hour has been suspended. If you booked before the always included, or for some other reason you are not included in the always included you would have cocktails loaded onto your card which you can order at various bars around the ship during that time period. Because, after all, always doesn’t always mean always, at least not in Celebrity-speak.

If they even have cards by then and who knows whether they will or not

The Celebrity web site currently says

"Captain's Club Cocktail Hour
We’ve also adjusted our Captain’s Club cocktail hour to provide flexibility and adhere with new protocols. The cocktail hour will no longer take place in the lounge. Now, you’ll be able to enjoy unlimited drinks from the Captain’s Club menu daily from 5pm to 7pm at bars and lounges throughout your ship, including complimentary wine varieties that will now rotate between Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Moscato, and Pinot Noir. Come as you are, comfy, casual, and ready to kick back, Celebrity style.  As more and more members start to sail with our Always Included package and have drinks included in their ticket, we’ll be introducing new events and benefits so stay tuned."

So they aren't saying it is suspended, just not a gathering in a single lounge. Those sailing without AI get drinks during this 2-hour period, and those with AI get drinks all the time. Perhaps the Captain's Club menu will change which drinks are offered?

And as noted by others, this is all subject to change and you won't know for sure until on the ship.

• 1 year later...