MSC Status Match documentation

IntrepidFromDC

Has anyone had success with the status match?  I submitted page grabs showing my CCL Platinum status and they said I need to send a "membership card", which I don't think we get (at least I haven't).  So I tried attaching a pic of a "sail and sign" card showing platinum color and now no response...  Thanks in advance.

I sent a screenshot of my RC account which states I am a Diamond Plus member. I received a confirmation email from MSC of the status match to Gold within hours. I was amazed at their quick response although it was a few days prior to bookings for Virtuosa being opened.

I sent them a copy of my Platinum sign and sail card. It took awhile but I got the status match. However it is not the same perks as Carnival. For instance the equal level on MSC does not give me early boarding

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Has anyone had success with the status match?  I submitted page grabs showing my CCL Platinum status and they said I need to send a "membership card", which I don't think we get (at least I haven't).  So I tried attaching a pic of a "sail and sign" card showing platinum color and now no response...  Thanks in advance.

I applied for status match with the online application form at the start of March with a  page grab of my platinum plus status with NCL.... And heard absolutely nothing from them.

So a few days ago I tried again to apply and the screen came up "match unsuccessful" with a small note saying that the match was already made.

I had to sign in for a new user account using the same details as used for the match to find out my Voyager club member number & to see that I am Gold, as expected & membership backdated to the day I applied.

So it seems that your "no response" could be a good thing.... They just haven't told you.

I sent a screenshot of my Celebrity points account 2 weeks ago and got my card back in a couple of hours. Sent my husband's in the same way a couple of hours later and still haven't heard anything.

I got the status match the easy way.  I let my travel agent handle the details.  She had all of the information required.  It did not take long for MSC to approve the status match.  (She used my 5 Star Mariner status with HAL to apply.)  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stevio said:

I applied for status match with the online application form at the start of March with a  page grab of my platinum plus status with NCL.... And heard absolutely nothing from them.

So a few days ago I tried again to apply and the screen came up "match unsuccessful" with a small note saying that the match was already made.

I had to sign in for a new user account using the same details as used for the match to find out my Voyager club member number & to see that I am Gold, as expected & membership backdated to the day I applied.

So it seems that your "no response" could be a good thing.... They just haven't told you.

You are right!  I logged in and lo and behold, even though the email says they need more documentation (they're asking for a "membership card"), my gold status and 4,000+ "points" are already there.  Thanks for the tip.

23 hours ago, lopar said:

I sent a screenshot of my Celebrity points account 2 weeks ago and got my card back in a couple of hours. Sent my husband's in the same way a couple of hours later and still haven't heard anything.

Exact thing happened to me.  Mine, fine, husband's...still have not gotten match and that was a year ago!  But with my match we do get the discount.  And IF we can ever cruise again, hopefully we can straighten his out while on board. 

18 hours ago, SeaSwirl66 said:

Hi everyone, has anyone managed to status match with Hilton recently? They don't send out physical cards anymore so would a screenshot of my account page suffice?

Same as NCL, no card.  Used screenshot.  Save as image and attach to request.