Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

3 minutes ago, hfjas006 said:

Did that happen as soon as they approved the vaccine? They told me to wait until tomorrow and see what happens. I can’t find anything else I need to do. There is nothing on the checklist that isn’t completed. 

Mine said 'complete' immediately after.    You could try calling back and getting someone else...?

10 minutes ago, Triptkr said:

Mine said 'complete' immediately after.    You could try calling back and getting someone else...?

Think I’ll wait until tomorrow to call again. I was in the phone with them 4 times today. 

32 minutes ago, hfjas006 said:

Did that happen as soon as they approved the vaccine? They told me to wait until tomorrow and see what happens. I can’t find anything else I need to do. There is nothing on the checklist that isn’t completed. 

There are actually 2 "approvals"; the first is when you successfully submit your information through the app. At this point your Pass is "Not Complete", the second is when they examine and validate the information that you submitted. Per Viking, it should be within 24 hours. We've found the 24 hours to be very flexible.  If you look in the email you got from Viking, that contained the instructions for Verifly", there is an email address and a phone number for Verifly. About 2 hours after I emailed them, after waiting for 3 days, they sent the approval. At this point you should get a "ready to travel" and be able to look at your Pass.

Edited by MRGACRUZR

4 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Still wonder how many people won't make it due to pre-flight COVID testing administrative issues and delays.

And yet another component to this scavenger hunt for clear directions & requirements that must be met. Kent, does this mean that in addition to the 4 day PCR Covid-19 test we take for the Bermuda Travel Authorization, we must also take another test on the day of travel, before boarding the flight to Charlotte/Hamilton? My apologies if this has already been addressed & I didn't catch it previously. 

6 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

There are actually 2 "approvals"; the first is when you successfully submit your information through the app. At this point your Pass is "Not Complete", the second is when they examine and validate the information that you submitted. Per Viking, it should be within 24 hours. We've found the 24 hours to be very flexible.  If you look in the email you got from Viking, that contained the instructions for Verifly", there is an email address and a phone number for Verifly. About 2 hours after I emailed them, after waiting for 3 days, they sent the approval. At this point you should get a "ready to travel" and be able to look at your Pass.

Yes, they approved the vaccine and I received the email, but the pass never changed to “ready to travel”. When I called again the person didn’t know why it still says it’s not complete. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Try backing up a few steps (click “back”), then go forward again.  That got mine to work, on an iphone 8.  The app must not use “push” refresh of pages.

I tried that, but you got me thinking that I should force quit the app - and it worked! At least one thing completed. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

And yet another component to this scavenger hunt for clear directions & requirements that must be met. Kent, does this mean that in addition to the 4 day PCR Covid-19 test we take for the Bermuda Travel Authorization, we must also take another test on the day of travel, before boarding the flight to Charlotte/Hamilton? My apologies if this has already been addressed & I didn't catch it previously. 

You take the precovid test 4 days before traveling to get your Bermuda authorization. Once ,hat happens you get on you  get on  your flights and arrive in Bermuda, then you get tested at airport. Once on board we can be tested again, up to Viking,but cetainly on day 4  and then a saliva test that works for traveling back to US.

This is as June 7,2021

Again ,as it has been  stated, these cruises are for the trail blazers ,not the normal cruisers who just show up after paying and no problem getting on ship and havinga great crusie. 

Which sailing are you booked on for these Welcome back cruiser?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Azulann said:

You take the precovid test 4 days before traveling to get your Bermuda authorization. Once ,hat happens you get on you  get on  your flights and arrive in Bermuda, then you get tested at airport. Once on board we can be tested again, up to Viking,but cetainly on day 4  and then a saliva test that works for traveling back to US.

This is as June 7,2021

Again ,as it has been  stated, these cruises are for the trail blazers ,not the normal cruisers who just show up after paying and no problem getting on ship and havinga great crusie. 

Which sailing are you booked on for these Welcome back cruiser?

I was going to reply to my fellow Californian, but you did an excellent job!   We are both on the June 29th cruise!   

The real nervous point (for some of us) is getting the turnaround on the test that we hopefully plan to take on a Friday.  Hopefully we get it back Saturday and at the latest, Sunday.  That gives time required Sunday morning to send to Bermuda, who says they have 24 hours to return to you, in order that we can get on the plane Monday to fly out from the West Coast.  Whew!   If the lab takes to long by a day (some say it takes 1 to 3 days, where 3 is no good) or if Bermuda is overwhelmed and doesn't get back within 24 hours, we lose all the money we've paid.  (or if there is a false positive since no time to retake).  Lots of moving parts that should go OK but no leeway for any foulups!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Azulann & @CCWineLover - Thank you! I was thinking we had to do another pre flight test on day of flight, in addition to the other test for Bermuda. So many hoops my mind is numb. I'm on the June 29th sailing, looking forward to meeting everyone! I'm going to do my PCR @ LAX on Saturday morning & submit same day. Airport lab results claim a three to five hour same-day turnaround. Adding to the stress is arranging my work schedule at Amtrak so I arrive back to LA from a work trip after Friday. Thankfully the Verifly situation seems to have worked itself out, that's an encouraging sign & step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

We're on the July 6 cruise. When did any of you get the email concerning  the Verifly account? I have 4 weeks until departure. Still stressing out about PCR test turnaround time.  Anyyone on here from FL that has found a good place for the test? I am finding some, but each have a few bad reviews.  Hope to hear reports from all of you on the Jun 15 departure!

27 minutes ago, bobitegirl said:

We're on the July 6 cruise. When did any of you get the email concerning  the Verifly account? I have 4 weeks until departure. Still stressing out about PCR test turnaround time.  Anyyone on here from FL that has found a good place for the test? I am finding some, but each have a few bad reviews.  Hope to hear reports from all of you on the Jun 15 departure!

We are on June 29 cruise and we STILL have never gotten any email, nor has our Travel Agent.  I contacted Viking after hearing about Verifly on Cruise Critic.  They told me that they are sending emails out of the Verifly app and procedures to everyone 1 month ahead of the cruise to space things out.  Good thing I had Cruise Critic!  and the wonderful instructions someone posted.   I'd be in the dark otherwise.   I'd suggest give it a few more days and then contact Viking again.  Or you can just go to the AppleStore and download it.  The instructions were very helpful.

got this email from BM GOV :

coronavirus@gov.bm via gov.bm 

Mon, Jun 7, 11:07 AM (1 day ago)

Good day,

Once you receive your arrival test results you are allowed to roam the island normally. 

COVID-19 Response Team

Government of Bermuda | Department of Health

Continental Building | 25 Church Street | Hamilton, Bermuda HM 12

P.O. Box HM 1195 l Hamilton, Bermuda HM EX 

Direct Telephone: 441 444 2498 | Email: coronavirus@gov.bm 

in reply to this question : Do you know once we get our c-19 test results from the airport ( NEG ) if we will be able to come & go from the ship just like we would from a hotel in BM ?

NOTE :   Viking say only off ship on viking ext, no going out on your own !!

1 minute ago, bob4cruise said:

Good day,

Once you receive your arrival test results you are allowed to roam the island normally. 

COVID-19 Response Team

in reply to this question : Do you know once we get our c-19 test results from the airport ( NEG ) if we will be able to come & go from the ship just like we would from a hotel in BM ?

Viking has different concerns from the Government of Bermuda. Read the Viking documents pertaining to the cruise - Ticket Contract, Covid-19 Policies etc. - especially the statements about denied boarding.

Before and after the cruise you are on your own; while we are passengers on the ship we are bound by Viking rules - which we have agreed to.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bob4cruise said:

Good day,

COVID-19 Response Team

As you've read, you can only leave the ship on a Viking excursion. No doubt, despite what Bermuda says, this is to maintain the integrity of their "bubble" and do everything possible to minimize the possibility of bringing something back to the rest of us. It's been that way since the beginning and I haven't seen anything changed. Pretty sure it was a "term and condition" of going. I've read so much, it's hard to recall where each "condition" came from. I doubt it will change. One outbreak and Viking will be done for.

1 minute ago, What was that? said:

Viking has different concerns from the Government of Bermuda. Read the Viking documents pertaining to the cruise - Ticket Contract, Covid-19 Policies etc. - especially the statements about denied boarding.

Before and after the cruise you are on your own; while we are passengers on the ship we are bound by Viking rules - which we have agreed to.

My point of posting is if we all contacted Viking with this info :  maybe viking would change their excursion rule . !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bob4cruise said:

My point of posting is if we all contacted Viking with this info :  maybe viking would change their excursion rule . !!

I hope Viking doesn’t change because I would like to think they are keeping us safe!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bob4cruise said:

I dont want Viking to change their rule. The idea here is to protect us and Viking in this very early, somewhat risky start up. Perhaps you should cancel the cruise and go on a Bermuda land vacation.

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Viking wants it done 5-7 days ahead of cruise.  So get crack’n!

Were you able to fill out the health form? we were frozen when we went to fill it out?

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Viking wants it done 5-7 days ahead of cruise.  So get crack’n!