Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

10 minutes ago, Still traveling said:

Were you able to fill out the health form? we were frozen when we went to fill it out?

Yes.  Make sure your pop-up and ad blockers are off, that may help.  I went in via MVJ, not by clicking on the button in the email.  It is a tab in the passenger info section.  Have the date of your second vax shot handy.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

9 minutes ago, Still traveling said:

Were you able to fill out the health form? we were frozen when we went to fill it out?

We had no troubles with filling out the form. Once we hit "submit" there was no indication anything was happening but, within a minute, success.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Yes.  Make sure your pop-up and ad blockers are off, that may help.  I went in via MVJ, not by clicking on the button in the email.  Have the date of your second vax shot handy.

Good advice. 

On 6/5/2021 at 7:02 AM, B_A_H said:

There's no shame in pulling the ripcord and cancelling for those that find the anxiety created by all of this unnerving.  Not everyone's cut out to be a trailblazer. For those sticking it out, think of the stories we'll have to tell when we get back,  😉

We booked a back to back cruise starting June 29 and end July 13 ..
I asked if we cancel if we could use the fcc to book two separate cruise using the fcc and was told NO, the fcc would need to be over 10k to use it on two different cruises. IMHO that stinks, I booked two cruise why can't I use the fcc to book two different cruises

Just now, bob4cruise said:

We booked a back to back cruise starting June 29 and end July 13 ..
I asked if we cancel if we could use the fcc to book two separate cruise using the fcc and was told NO, the fcc would need to be over 10k to use it on two different cruises. IMHO that stinks, I booked two cruise why can't I use the fcc to book two different cruises

Cancel one of them?

We're one of the 6/15 "guinea pigs" but flying out 6/12. Just got our covid test today and holding our breath for it's speedy result. Also still waiting for the Pending to disappear on Verifly, but sounds like a call will help.  Thank you. Hoping to meet the other 10 or so in the Explorer's Lounge. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, surfcitygirl said:

We're one of the 6/15 "guinea pigs" but flying out 6/12. Just got our covid test today and holding our breath for it's speedy result. Also still waiting for the Pending to disappear on Verifly, but sounds like a call will help.  Thank you. Hoping to meet the other 10 or so in the Explorer's Lounge. 

Good to hear you are part of the trail blazer for June 15 sailing. 

I hope you post here when you get your  test results back and how long it took.

I am looking at two places for my Covid test.

One is free and at our airport , run by Vault. for state of MN.It says up to 48 hrs for results .  I was tested by them in Dec. Tested on Monday, got my results emailed to me on Wed  morning. 

The other  is  Arcpoint lab.  the results  for PCR test is  a couple of hrs. but cost $295.00. 

Dont' have to make my decison  till early July. 

Best of luck to you surfcitygirl, please post a picture of you in Bermuda having fun!!!!!!!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Bummer, infected people still flying into Bermuda from the US.  The latest on Jet Blue flights from New York and Boston:  Better wear double masks...

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20210607/covid-19-three-new-cases-detected-from-us-flights/

Read it. They were residents ,not tourists.  But the good news is that only 9 active casses on the island that they know. They do contact tracing too. 

Bring a variety of masks just in case.... until you are on the ship. 

• Like 2

And some good news:

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20210608/bermudas-cdc-coronavirus-risk-rating-improves/

Bermuda’s CDC coronavirus risk rating improves

Updated: Jun 08, 2021 03:20 PM

Bermuda is now classed as “Level 2 – moderate”, down from “Level 4 – very high” in a travel advisory on the organisation’s website.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For those who want an interesting chart, showing the Viking Orion in port Hamilton. . .

https://map.openseamap.org/?zoom=14&mlat=32.2916856396827&mlon=-64.7854542732239&mtext=cruise location &layers=BFTFFFTFFTT0TFT&lat=32.2916856396827&lon=-64.7854542732239

Will bookmark this and follow the 6/15 cruise around!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Bummer, infected people still flying into Bermuda from the US.  The latest on Jet Blue flights from New York and Boston:  Better wear double masks...

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20210607/covid-19-three-new-cases-detected-from-us-flights/

Yikes....flying Jet Blue into BDA exactly 5 weeks from today.  

Note to self:   Bring extra wipes for the flight over...

• Like 1

Azulann, we drove an hour to a Philly suburb to get tested yesterday at Test Now and Go, affiliated with Genetworx at 11 AM and were promised 24 hour turnaround. They supposedly have their own lab and don't send it out elsewhere. The results were in my inbox when I got up this morning, so we were  quite satisfied. Cost $100 each. Have applied for Bermuda Travel Authorization and ready to go, after many anxious moments.

Ragnar, thanks for calling the Orion for the testing info. You really know how to get things done! See you soon.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, surfcitygirl said:

Azulann, we drove an hour to a Philly suburb to get tested yesterday at Test Now and Go, affiliated with Genetworx at 11 AM and were promised 24 hour turnaround. They supposedly have their own lab and don't send it out elsewhere. The results were in my inbox when I got up this morning, so we were  quite satisfied. Cost $100 each. Have applied for Bermuda Travel Authorization and ready to go, after many anxious moments.

Ragnar, thanks for calling the Orion for the testing info. You really know how to get things done! See you soon.

That is great news! You are all set!  

Have a fabulous time in Bermunda and on the Viking Orion. 

I will continue to search for a private  lab /testing site here in the Twin Cities  that is more in line with the cost you paid.  but I am willing to pay $295 if I cannot find a better deal. 

My other  hope is that in July  Bermuda will drop its pre PRC covid test?!   

They had no new cases in Bermuda on Tuesday... 

29 minutes ago, Azulann said:

That is great news! You are all set!  

Have a fabulous time in Bermunda and on the Viking Orion. 

I will continue to search for a private  lab /testing site here in the Twin Cities  that is more in line with the cost you paid.  but I am willing to pay $295 if I cannot find a better deal. 

My other  hope is that in July  Bermuda will drop its pre PRC covid test?!   

They had no new cases in Bermuda on Tuesday... 

Also on the hunt for a decently priced testing site here.  Thanks for mentioning Arcpoint as I too will use it if need be.  

Ours is priced even higher than yours...$349  for same day results...OUCH!! 

They do offer $239 for results in 24-48hrs but not open Sat & Sun in case I need to follow up....ugh. Hopefully things will change for the better very soon.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, surfcitygirl said:

After a lot (a LOT) of searching around I have found a lab nearby in South Lake Tahoe, CA, that does RT-PCR testing for travel with same-day results - Test Well - "Book with Test Well and get your results today. Guaranteed." Cost is $149pp and well worth it for the resolution of this concern.

Now, what will I do about travel insurance? Fortunately I have time before the 20 July sailing...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, surfcitygirl said:

Thanks for sharing this info. Malvern is a little over an hour away for us, so I scheduled a visit for Friday morning(we were scheduled with CVS). I am feeling better now that I know you received your results the next day. Fingers crossed we will be on the Orion with you on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Don't fret! The 3 residents that tested positive on arrival on last Thursday's flights were probably unvaccinated ones, getting home in hurry before the June 6th (Sunday) deadline before they would be subjected to the 14 days mandatory gov't controlled quarantine in a hotel at their own expense.

They are supposedly quarantining in their own homes now ....

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Unfortunately, due to an injury sustained over the weekend, we have had to cancel our Bermuda trip 😞  Glad we got the Viking trip insurance.  I will check in in a week or two to see how the Guinea Pigs are doing!  Happy sailing!

Well that is bad news/good news. Sorry to hear. But there are still some openings in July/August, health permitting.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Thanks.

There are now two slots available on several shoreex, spa, and dining.

wait...what about your cranberry scrub that you were looking forward to????????

Was this injury truly accidental?

😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Unfortunately, due to an injury sustained over the weekend, we have had to cancel our Bermuda trip 😞  Glad we got the Viking trip insurance.  I will check in in a week or two to see how the Guinea Pigs are doing!  Happy sailing!

So sorry to hear this. I guess we're down to 8 passengers😯

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Oh no, very sorry to hear this...hope you feel better soon. 

Btw, there's an Explorer Suite available on the July 13 sailing if you heal in time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triptkr said:

wait...what about your cranberry scrub that you were looking forward to????????

Was this injury truly accidental?

😉

We were practicing the cranberry scrub at home and slipped on the cranberries in the shower...

By the way, a big shout-out to the Grotto Bay Resort, they refunded our deposit even though we were well past their free cancelation date.  In several other matters they have been very helpful, with very timely communications.

• Like 5