Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

1 hour ago, Still traveling said:

I phoned 833-586-1605 and Verfly answered immediately & pulled up   our application & approved it. 

I just phoned. They approved mine, but the first person said my husband’s document would

not load. So I re-did it. Called back and the person I talked to would not approve his because of HIPPA laws. Really? Isn’t anything involving this trip easy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, registrar said:

May I ask who you are using?

I just went direct to iMG and got the IMG iTravelInsured Travel SE plan that I had always gotten with Insuremytrip (when I was less than 70).  That was one of many policies that InsureMyTrip would no longer offer to me.  Had no issues going direct.  google it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Still traveling said:

I phoned 833-586-1605 and Verfly answered immediately & pulled up   our application & approved it. 

Thank you for posting this!!!   Got ours pushed through.  If this cruise actually happens I'm gonna hug each of you.  

12 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

I just went direct to iMG and got the IMG iTravelInsured Travel SE plan that I had always gotten with Insuremytrip (when I was less than 70).  That was one of many policies that InsureMyTrip would no longer offer to me.  Had no issues going direct.  google it.

Thank you

20 minutes ago, hfjas006 said:

I just phoned. They approved mine, but the first person said my husband’s document would

not load. So I re-did it. Called back and the person I talked to would not approve his because of HIPPA laws. Really? Isn’t anything involving this trip easy?

Thank you again for posting this.  I still had not heard anything yet.  So I called.

Absolutely bizarre - like you said, is anything easy on this trip?

The woman at Verifly first told me they don't send any verification until the day of your flight.  I said what?  She insisted, so I said I know people who've had it completed and besides, Verifly and Viking said it would be done in 24 hours.   After a long wait on hold, she came back, said she found the pass, and proceeded to review it - asked some verification questions, and voila!  She approved it.  She said they usually don't process / review them until very close to the date of travel.  Oh boy!!

2 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Thank you again for posting this.  I still had not heard anything yet.  So I called.

Absolutely bizarre - like you said, is anything easy on this trip?

The woman at Verifly first told me they don't send any verification until the day of your flight.  I said what?  She insisted, so I said I know people who've had it completed and besides, Verifly and Viking said it would be done in 24 hours.   After a long wait on hold, she came back, said she found the pass, and proceeded to review it - asked some verification questions, and voila!  She approved it.  She said they usually don't process / review them until very close to the date of travel.  Oh boy!!

That's interesting.  Exact same wording on my phone call---I told her that there was no way, this was for Viking, to show proof of our vaccines.  Then she said 'oh, I thought you were talking about covid testing'.    

🙄

For what it's worth, I emailed the Bermuda Covid hotline email thingy yesterday and got this reply today in my spam folder.  I guess I'm impressed they replied back but I still am taking it with a grain of salt and will be checking back on this periodically.

image.thumb.png.5fcf3aa80c75378c10da518633794997.png

5 minutes ago, Triptkr said:

For what it's worth, I emailed the Bermuda Covid hotline email thingy yesterday and got this reply today in my spam folder.  I guess I'm impressed they replied back but I still am taking it with a grain of salt and will be checking back on this periodically.

image.thumb.png.5fcf3aa80c75378c10da518633794997.png

THx!  This appears to be consistent with the CruiseCritic discussions over the past 24 hours.  4 days.  I think I posted that for those who arrive on a Tuesday (in time for the ship boarding) as likely a majority of Bermuda cruisers this summer will, that means you have to get the test no earlier than on the previous Friday.

Still wonder how many people won't make it due to pre-flight COVID testing administrative issues and delays.  All a very tight schedule with NO room for anything going wrong.  Hard to believe the thousands of passengers over the summer will be 100% successful in this.

2 hours ago, registrar said:

May I ask who you are using?

I had moved to aardvarkcompare.com.
Now, because of my cancer, I just get the policy my TA offers
 which has no preconditions clauses (CruiseOne travel agency policy through Aon Affinity and Arch Insurance Company called LeisureCare Luxury)

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

THx!  This appears to be consistent with the CruiseCritic discussions over the past 24 hours.  4 days.  I think I posted that for those who arrive on a Tuesday (in time for the ship boarding) as likely a majority of Bermuda cruisers this summer will, that means you have to get the test no earlier than on the previous Friday.

Still wonder how many people won't make it due to pre-flight COVID testing administrative issues and delays.  All a very tight schedule with NO room for anything going wrong.  Hard to believe the thousands of passengers over the summer will be 100% successful in this.

I agree.

For several weeks I have tried to identify "official" information on this and here are two pages that now say 5 DAYS:

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers-visitors (linked from Viking "Important Information About Your Departure" dated 11 May, which document states 3 Days)

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-pre-vetted-travel-authorisation

and there is no mention of the upcoming change after 13 June (formerly 6 June).

Good luck to us all!

Weather is supposed to be rather dismal, starting on Monday, for the duration of the 6/15 cruise.  Thunderstorms!

I guess the ten passengers that actually make it aboard can just hang around the covered pool and drink...  There are worse fates (like testing positive upon boarding and being sent to a run-down, bedbug infested hotel room for 14 days...).

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hfjas006 said:

Does anyone’s VeriFLY pass still say “not complete” even though the vaccine submission has been approved? VeriFLY said it’s new and couldn’t tell me why it’s not complete. 

Maybe waiting for the other documents you have to send VIking closer to the cruise?  like the travel authorization, the health survey and the neg covid PCR test.  Just  a guess...

36 minutes ago, hfjas006 said:

Does anyone’s VeriFLY pass still say “not complete” even though the vaccine submission has been approved? VeriFLY said it’s new and couldn’t tell me why it’s not complete. 

Mine and my wife's replaced the words "not complete" with a green lettered "Ready to Travel" and you can view your pass.

Edited by MRGACRUZR
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

Mine and my wife's replaced the words "not complete" with a green lettered "Ready to Travel" and you can view your pass.

Did that happen as soon as they approved the vaccine? They told me to wait until tomorrow and see what happens. I can’t find anything else I need to do. There is nothing on the checklist that isn’t completed.