Mardi Gras July 2021 Sailings Gone from Website

80sGal

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Just checked Carnival's site. The July cruises are no longer there. Many of CCL's July cruises are not longer there either. They either have given up on July or have capacity issues if the CSO injunction goes through.

2 hours ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

That is not true. Many ships and dates are still available. Mardi Gras is no longer available for new bookings in July. 

I took @BoozinCroozin's statement to mean that all of MG's July cruises are gone (true, and we've seen that since this thread started), and also many other Carnival Cruise Line's July booking are gone.  I concur with that observation - when I checked, there were quite a few ports that were totally grayed out that had been available last week.

When I called Carnival, the PVP said it was because the MG was at capacity for all of July, not because they were already planning to cancel July.   People are putting more pressure on the CDC, including the bill introduced in the Senate yesterday, DeSantis' lawsuit, Alaska's pressure, and the cruise lines implying they will leave the US if they have to.   Surely something will give soon, with a firm restart date, rescinding the CSO or something!

First, the CDC does not have to cave in to pressure from the Cruise lines.  There decisions may or may not be right but I am of the mind that those that want to cruise should be able to cruise.  Take you chances that your trip is cancelled mid cruise or a port stop is cancelled due to cases on the ship.  I wouldn't be surprised if all it takes is one positive test on a ship for a port stop to be cancelled.

Second, don't count on congress to do anything.  Both sides cannot come together on things that matter and have the support of the majority of the population.  Basically any legislation that is brought up is most likely dead in the water.  If the Rs introduce something the Ds can just sit on it.  If the Ds introduces something it will die in the senate.  Neither side can be seen to support anything the other side supports because then they wont be "winning".

• Like 1