NCL upgraded

rodndonna

7 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Good news for NCL - a teeny bump up for our 'whooping' 100 obligatory shares today that we recently purchased for the OBC - but great news for confidence on the future of NCL

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/goldman-upgrades-norwegian-says-company-is-best-positioned-cruise-operator.html

That link is to a subscription article.  Quick summary, please.

Just now, ColeThornton said:

That link is to a subscription article.  Quick summary, please.

I don't have a subscription so all I can see is

The immediate future of the cruise industry remains unclear, but Goldman Sachs sees significant upside for one of the industry’s major stocks.

The investment firm upgraded Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings to buy from neutral on Tuesday night, saying that its business mix and balance sheet put it in a strong position relative to other major cruise players.

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

You have magic touch, to buy in at the lowest possible point in the history of NCLH stock.

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

You have magic touch, to buy in at the lowest possible point in the history of NCLH stock.

nothing magical about it, pure luck. we've been sailing with ncl since 2010. had a march 2020 cancelled, and we just watched the stock go down.  we bought mgm also.  since we didnt know in 2020 that it would take over one year and still no cruising, we bought the stock. i didnt think ncl would ever tank completely

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

nothing magical about it, pure luck. we've been sailing with ncl since 2010. had a march 2020 cancelled, and we just watched the stock go down.  we bought mgm also.  since we didnt know in 2020 that it would take over one year and still no cruising, we bought the stock. i didnt think ncl would ever tank completely

we 'thought' about it - haha.  We were going to buy 100 CLL shares for the OBC benefit in the fall before Covid but our advisor wasn't a 'fan'  of that idea. In March when all the cruise line stocks tanked, we thought about scooping  NCL, CCL and RCL but we chicken out! Our thought process was at least one of them would survive, but it seemed like a such a looongg way off (which it has been) and not really a that sure a thing.

7 hours ago, Middleager said:

You didn't need to be lucky they were bouncing around under $10 for ages. I bought and sold several times when they were that low making a $ or two per share each time. Once I have recovered my investment I let the last 150 shares ride and still have them.

On 4/21/2021 at 12:18 PM, rodndonna said:

Good news for NCL - a teeny bump up for our 'whooping' 100 obligatory shares today that we recently purchased for the OBC - but great news for confidence on the future of NCL

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/goldman-upgrades-norwegian-says-company-is-best-positioned-cruise-operator.html

Thanks.  Had seen that in the WSJ.  I'm not big on announcement by the like of Goldman et al.  IMO, after such ilk has accumulated the desired shares and would like to offload them, it's not unthinkable that they would pump the stock to do so.  🙄

On 4/22/2021 at 12:04 AM, Middleager said:

NCLH went up 10.3% today.  At $30, it's less than half of its high before the pandemic.

We, it has gone up and honestly I have no idea why (other than the GS rating) based on the fundamentals (what the markets used to be based on).  With all of the shares issued since the pandemic, and accounting for the debt convertible into shares at specific prices, the $30 PPS is almost "twice" the pre-pandemic high.  This is for a cruise line (one of my favorites) totally locked down, burning hundreds of millions a month, with a burden pile of billions in new debt, with no revenue sailing  solutions or USA lockdown end in sight.  That doesn't those that have bought lower and got in and out; short-term trading, haven't been successful.  It just doesn't appear, based on the fundamentals, that now is a very good time for a long-term investment (in any of the big three).  However, today's markets have been hyped news, emotion and/or other influenced so there may be more short-term money to be made when (oooops, "if") the CDC et al allows USA port based cruising again.  👍

On 4/23/2021 at 12:36 AM, complawyer said:

I bought at $7.90 and watched it go to $16. Felt good about it and cashed out. Doubled my money in a couple of months. Wait, you say it's at $30 now? Jeeze.

3 hours ago, Daytonasailor said:

I bought at $7.90 and watched it go to $16. Felt good about it and cashed out. Doubled my money in a couple of months. Wait, you say it's at $30 now? Jeeze.

a few weeks ago it was as high as $34.  we only bought 100 shares, so  i'm actually in it for the long haul.

i figure we've pi**ed away $700 on other useless b.s. so i may as well hold on to the stock, since i dont  think ncl is going to tank

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone.  What minimum number NCLH shares are required for perks, if any, OBC, for example? Thanks for any info. My idea is similar to complawyer's. I just haven't bought yet. It's Saturday.

Mary

10 minutes ago, warburg said:

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone.  What minimum number NCLH shares are required for perks, if any, OBC, for example? Thanks for any info. My idea is similar to complawyer's. I just haven't bought yet. It's Saturday.

Mary

100 😎

https://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/91699aad-cb30-4ff6-8e40-4dc290cb03b5

Edited by rodndonna

8 hours ago, Daytonasailor said:

I bought at 9.50 and will hold until 60, I have no doubt it will return there.

• Like 2