Nowegian Covid 19 testing???

grnsunset

9 hours ago, WarfRatWA said:

Royal Caribbean is requiring unvaccinated passengers to obtain travel insurance if sailing from Florida. 

This is, in part, because Royal paid for the medivac of two unvaccinated passengers who tested COVID positive and their families from Freeport, Bahamas to Florida last week. RCCL is trying to limit their financial liability when there are future COVID positive cases onboard. 

Royal is rapidly evolving their protocols based on what they are experiencing on their first cruises (RCCL and Celebrity) and on their ships getting ready to cruise. We had multiple protocol changes, up to 2 days prior to departure. 

On 6/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, BirdTravels said:

Royal’s testing at the terminal was fast and efficient. One station to check your pre-registration, one to generate a sticker, and one to test. Once tested, you were confined until you got an email with a negative result. 

439329C7-CEE5-4D14-A471-59CAEF21ED0C.jpeg

do you know if anyone got a false positive?  What did they tell you would happen if a FALSE positive test happened?

I guess I am worried if I am vaccinated and for some stupid reason I got saddled with one of those false positives.  There goes my vacation?

I read on someones blog that 2 people had positive tests, they moved them to another room and retested gave them drinks and snacks and waited for the second test. Both were negative and able to sail. What I don't recall is if the second test was a different method.

Edited by saltsandknit

19 minutes ago, saltsandknit said:

I read on someones blog that 2 people had positive tests, they moved them to another room and retested gave them drinks and snacks and waited for the second test. Both were negative and able to sail. What I don't recall is if the second test was a different method.

oh my well that was RCL.

My cruise is on ENCORE.  I am seriously thinking of using the peace of mind and get an FCC and not sail in Alaska.

ya know I could take my vaccine card and get on Celebrity of RCL without any more testing.

I thought I read back in late May that NCL required vaccines but no further testing,

Gee I missed the memo on the change and my luck I would get a silly positive when I do not have the virus.  What a way to ruin a vacation.  Now I wish I was not booked on NCL since they are doing something different.  Is NCL going to provide a PCR or second test.   Could be interesting in Seattle during the cruising months is these tests are not accurate for those vaccinated.   

unfortunately no one has an answer to this and everything keeps changing. I see no need to test if it is a 100% vaccinated cruise, but I am not the person in Charge. Give it 2 weeks and it could change again. I'm paying close attention I have a cruise in September and December.

37 minutes ago, saltsandknit said:

unfortunately no one has an answer to this and everything keeps changing. I see no need to test if it is a 100% vaccinated cruise, but I am not the person in Charge. Give it 2 weeks and it could change again. I'm paying close attention I have a cruise in September and December.

Things change daily. And it all in reaction to what is happening on ships. 

Royal did not require testing for vaccinated passengers. Then MCS and Celebrity had COVID onboard and they tested 100% of the passengers at check-in for our cruise. The following week 100% of the passengers had to show up with a negative PCR test. There are revised rules for next week. 

NCL has talked about using a pulseox as a test at check-in... now,,, my O2 level is not 100% on a good day, and at check-in after schlepping luggage around the port where the porters sit behind table under tents vs. being at the curb to help,,, I can imagine my 02 level being in some unacceptable level. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, saltsandknit said:

Yup agree. And NCL changed since I booked.

See Alaska cruises are staying in USA.

Also, I thought being vaccinated was enough. It is why I booked.  Now NCL changed rules. I only noticed after paying and then decided to check web for preparation on line check in.

So I could be a carrier without knowing and be denied my cruise among all supposidly vaccinated folks

Yet other cruise lines say vaccine is enough. They choose to monitor the unvaccinated.

I did cancel and getting FCC. Flights got credit too.

Perhaps Fla has the right idea. Let vaccinated folks be.

So unhappy as I feel  cruising will never be the same.

4 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

Wow!   Those must have been powerful drinks!

😃😃

Edited by mpk