Viking Shores and Fjords - SEPT 2021 - Cancelled?

geordie_jim

15 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

I just paid for a cruise using a voucher. Yes, you must use the entire voucher on one cruise -- and you must use it before you sail for cruise fare, gratutities, shorex or drinks package.  Anything unspent WILL NOT rollover to your shipboard account.

You can also use the FCV for extensions. 

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

It is possible that they will be limited to US resident -- but I hope not -- and definitely are 'proof of vaccination' required.

My friend who has booked direct with Viking has had her email cancelling the Norway Cruise signed by the UK MD.  It mentions the "welcome Back Cruises from Malta" so I assume we will be eligible although they do not yet show on the website.  

The UK is doing extremely well with vaccinations - much better than many other Countries.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Is Viking only offering vouchers for these cancellations? Or are you being given the option to take cash? We’re due to pay for our Italy/Greece/Israel next month.

Yes, the cash option is available but no 25% bonus -- what you actually paid in is what you will get back.

If making final payment in all cash, remember that if you cancel between making the payment and 120 days prior to departure, that there is only a $100pp person penalty and your refund will be all cash.  This may or may not make you feel more comfortable about making your final payment next month.

2 hours ago, knoxclone said:

Yes, you have a limited amount of time ( we have until the 17th ) to request a refund.

And you must request it. It is not automatic. The deadline is final, no exceptions. That is why it is very important to read the e-mail in its entirety.

10 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

And you must request it. It is not automatic. The deadline is final, no exceptions. That is why it is very important to read the e-mail in its entirety.

Thanks, Peregrina & Knoxclone. Helpful info that I hope we don’t need to use.

Given all the cancellations going on for next fall, I’m wondering if we should see about taking this cruise in November of 2022 instead of January. (If that’s even possible at this point.) I guess we’ll just wait and see what happens.