Hotels close to port in Civitavecchia

MikeNKim

Yes, I did many searches.  I emailed with the hotel several times.  I booked a non-refundable room.  Close to my cruise I will book the transportation. The package entitles me to a $5 port shuttle directly to the ship.

I'll take my chances with my $75 for my room and breakfast if something goes wrong.  Having the hotel cancel the room and not refund is what credit card benefits are for.  I have great benefits with my Chase Sapphire credit card, and have had them help me before with an expensive and problematic refund with Airbnb.  Chase Bank carries a pretty big stick with vendors all over the world.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pcur said:

Yes, I did many searches.  I emailed with the hotel several times.  I booked a non-refundable room.  Close to my cruise I will book the transportation. The package entitles me to a $5 port shuttle directly to the ship.

I'll take my chances with my $75 for my room and breakfast if something goes wrong.  Having the hotel cancel the room and not refund is what credit card benefits are for.  I have great benefits with my Chase Sapphire credit card, and have had them help me before with an expensive and problematic refund with Airbnb.  Chase Bank carries a pretty big stick with vendors all over the world.

Understood -- hope it all works out for you. 

I do think it is a little misleading, though to say that they have good reviews here on CC.  At best, I'd say mixed reviews.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Understood -- hope it all works out for you. 

I do think it is a little misleading, though to say that they have good reviews here on CC.  At best, I'd say mixed reviews.....

I went to the Italy board and did a search. Then, I went to Tripadvisor. I didn't see any of the negative comments we're seeing in this thread. Not trying to mislead; just not what I saw. Plus, I was only looking at reviews from late last year onward.

39 minutes ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Sorry I couldn't reply, I was actually on my cruise! lol.

Did you end up booking?

Yes, I was able to book two rooms for two days in October of next year.  I also wrote to Guiseppi asking if he would be able to arrange a taxi from the hotel to the ship.  Apparently, taxis need to have a permit to take you past the free shuttle at the port and drop you at the security gate.  Guiseppi hasn't written back yet about the taxis.

I am holding this reservation as a backup.  I am waitlisted for my two day pre-cruise in Rome, and I am hoping to stay in Rome for the two days instead of Civitavecchia.

Thank you for your help!

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Yes, I was able to book two rooms for two days in October of next year.  I also wrote to Guiseppi asking if he would be able to arrange a taxi from the hotel to the ship.  Apparently, taxis need to have a permit to take you past the free shuttle at the port and drop you at the security gate.  Guiseppi hasn't written back yet about the taxis.

I am holding this reservation as a backup.  I am waitlisted for my two day pre-cruise in Rome, and I am hoping to stay in Rome for the two days instead of Civitavecchia.

Thank you for your help!

Have you cruised out of this port before?  From this hotel, it might be a 5-min MAX walk to the free shuttle.  If there are no mobility issues, I wouldn't worry about it too much but it is VERY close!

1 minute ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Have you cruised out of this port before?  From this hotel, it might be a 5-min MAX walk to the free shuttle.  If there are no mobility issues, I wouldn't worry about it too much but it is VERY close!

No, only once there as a port of call for Rome.  We won't be able to walk it - too much luggage.  Where at the port do you drop your luggage?

23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

No, only once there as a port of call for Rome.  We won't be able to walk it - too much luggage.  Where at the port do you drop your luggage?

So you just cross the street from your hotel, and the free shuttle is right there.  You'll load your bags in the bottom part of the bus, and then you'll get dropped off at the terminal doors, and the luggage porters are right there.

• Thanks 1

Pre vivid San Giorgio canceled our reservation last minute along with several others on our cruise. It appeared that those booking directly were fine but if you booked through like Expedia, etc., you were canceled.

2 hours ago, pandvsmith said:

Pre vivid San Giorgio canceled our reservation last minute along with several others on our cruise. It appeared that those booking directly were fine but if you booked through like Expedia, etc., you were canceled.

That scenario is not specific to San Giorgio.  I have witnessed several times where people who booked hotel reservations were told at check in that they don't have a reservation and there are no rooms available.  I've seen and heard where the people would say "here's my reservation number" and the desk clerk replies that number doesn't fit the format for the hotel chain.  When it turns out that the reservation number was from one of the 3rd party booking sites they were told they needed to talk to the company they placed the booking through.  I always book either directly with the hotel or through a hotel chain's website after seeing that take place a few times.

17 hours ago, pandvsmith said:

15 hours ago, Daniel A said:

That scenario is not specific to San Giorgio.  I have witnessed several times where people who booked hotel reservations were told at check in that they don't have a reservation and there are no rooms available.  I've seen and heard where the people would say "here's my reservation number" and the desk clerk replies that number doesn't fit the format for the hotel chain.  When it turns out that the reservation number was from one of the 3rd party booking sites they were told they needed to talk to the company they placed the booking through.  I always book either directly with the hotel or through a hotel chain's website after seeing that take place a few times.

Would either of you feel

comfortable booking directly with this hotel 

31 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Would either of you feel

comfortable booking directly with this hotel 

No, not at all at that hotel based on the reports of cancellations with no notice and refusals to acknowledge requests for refunds.

I booked directly with Hotel Traghetto

Web site here: ferry hotels (hoteltraghetto.it)

You book by e-mailing the hotel (info@hoteltraghetto.it) and Giuseppe will write back.  I've read good things about this hotel and it is supposed to be a 5 minute walk to the cruise port.

• Like 1

We stayed there previously booked 3rd party no problem as have many others...after last experience as well as others of being canceled days before the cruise, I will never book with them again. There are plenty of other options.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pandvsmith said:

We stayed there previously booked 3rd party no problem as have many others...after last experience as well as others of being canceled days before the cruise, I will never book with them again. There are plenty of other options.

Are you referring to San Giorgio?

On 6/15/2022 at 3:34 AM, euro cruiser said:

Who was traveling to Civitavecchia late last year?  Cruising is only re-starting this spring, so who would have a reason to stay there?

Many were...lots of European cruises: we sailed with Norwegian late September, as we were not allowed to go to USA for a cruise. A cruise we were forced to cancel....:)